Favorite Band(s) you haven't seen live?

dapeebs

I've seen Robert Plant a few times now.  Enjoyed it both times.  Solid shows.  One was his material.  One was throwback.

Roger Waters at Deer Creek was amazing.

I would have loved to have seen RATM.

Acts I need to cross off the list - Daft Punk, Radiohead, LCD (I wish), QOTSA, TVotR

I've seen Robert Plant a few times now. Enjoyed it both times. Solid shows. One was his material. One was throwback.

Roger Waters at Deer Creek was amazing.

I would have loved to have seen RATM.

Acts I need to cross off the list - Daft Punk, Radiohead, LCD (I wish), QOTSA, TVotR

Lcd are headlining 3 us fests this year...pretty sure you can figure out which ones

I'm not the biggest fan of La Dispute, but they put on one hell of a show. Saw them in Chicago and their set was insane. 

If it was their show at the Metro this past April, I was also there! Wasn't that big on the Title Fight set that night, though. Seemed like the crowd just died anytime they played songs off of Hyperview.

Live (with Ed Kowalczyk back as front man) but I doubt that will ever happen. Ugh. 

Alice in Chains (it's not the same without Layne obviously but I'm sure I would still enjoy it)

The Offspring

I'm sure that there are others but those are the 3 that immediately come to mind.

If it was their show at the Metro this past April, I was also there! Wasn't that big on the Title Fight set that night, though. Seemed like the crowd just died anytime they played songs off of Hyperview.

Yup, that was the one. Really didn't seem like too many people cared much for their newer material. Kinda whack how kids were still trying to crowd surf and run around on people's heads when they played their new stuff, but what else can you expect when you see Title Fight.

Hotelier's set was dope at that show, too.

Live (with Ed Kowalczyk back as front man) but I doubt that will ever happen. Ugh. 

Alice in Chains (it's not the same without Layne obviously but I'm sure I would still enjoy it)

The Offspring

I'm sure that there are others but those are the 3 that immediately come to mind.

I saw Live with Ed 7 times between '97 and 2008. That band used to rock so hard. They were so much better live than they were on record. I definitely don't see Ed coming back.

I highly recommend seeing Alice in Chains. I have to be honest here...and this will probably be very unpopular. The band's shows are better now than they were with Layne. DuVall absolutely brings it. And I love Layne. 

The Offspring

You should try to catch the offspring. They still play shows and have actually held up pretty well.

Yup, that was the one. Really didn't seem like too many people cared much for their newer material. Kinda whack how kids were still trying to crowd surf and run around on people's heads when they played their new stuff, but what else can you expect when you see Title Fight.

Hotelier's set was dope at that show, too.

Honestly, it's intimidating as hell being a girl trying to get front row for those shows with those damn kids trying to make some sort of point by crowd surfing. I got kicked in the eye and left with a shiner that weekend.

And yes! I didn't know much about them previous to their set but they killed it!

I've seen 5 bands y'all have on yr lists. Sorry.

La Dispute stopped being good live after Rooms of the House. Fight me.

I would love to see:

American Nightmare

The Blood Brothers

The Format (especially right after Dog Problems came out. Fuuuck.)

Orchid

Snowing

Street Smart Cyclist

Ritual Mess

Converge

Botch

Bright Eyes (Like, 04 Bright Eyes)

Bear Vs Shark

Hop Along

Jaguar Love

Head Wound City

Swing Kids

Kind Of Like Spitting

Merchant Ships/William Bonney

Scowler

Honestly, it's intimidating as hell being a girl trying to get front row for those shows with those damn kids trying to make some sort of point by crowd surfing. I got kicked in the eye and left with a shiner that weekend.

And yes! I didn't know much about them previous to their set but they killed it!

Yeah, that's why I was posted up in the way back. Had a pretty decent vantage point too, so it was a win-win for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I'm going to be THAT guy, but a lot of these bands are still really active.  Seems like some of you need to get out of the house and go see them.

I have seen most of what I would like to see.  The last few are likely to never happen though but would be rad.

Minor Threat - won't happen, but would travel to see it

Cro-Mags - the real mags.  not the mags playing shows now.  I need Harley, JJ, Paris, and Mackie all involved.

There are probably a few others, but those two are the holy grail.

I guess I'm going to be THAT guy, but a lot of these bands are still really active. Seems like some of you need to get out of the house and go see them.

l.

On the same note you shouldn't say "the real" or "the original" if you haven't seen the current version.

I guess I'm going to be THAT guy, but a lot of these bands are still really active. Seems like some of you need to get out of the house and go see them.

I guess I kind of assumed the predicate of the thread was what active bands have just not been able to catch yet. I mean, I would go almost anywhere to see a Gabriel/Rutherford/Hackett/Banks/Collins Genesis lineup, which is technically possible since they are all alive, but pretty assuredly will never happen.