Nothing - Tired of Tomorrow

I'm not

12 hours ago, mappingtheyears said:

There's a new seller that already has a blue/bone merge copy up for $75. He originally had it listed for $100. What a cool guy.

I'm a Nothing addicted so i'm thinking to spend 60/70$ for the Vertigo splatter...But i think it will appear for a way much more.....And sadly i will pass on it....

11 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

@jhulud can we just ban him already? He is clearly here just to troll, and take advantage of POs to flip limited stuff later. Already selling Nothing Deluxe for $150. Took part in the Kokomo group buy to flip it later. Etc. Etc.

Seriously this, @jhulud.  It's no longer funny, amusing, or frustratingly entertaining.  This kid is the most disgusting excuse I've seen for a VC member, and actually tarnishes what makes VC a community worth participating in.  His posts are incessant trash and he's literally leeching off the site to take advantage of limited orders with obvious intent to resell.  I'm sure there are people who would love to genuinely own, enjoy, and keep every release he's flipped so far.  He's exploiting the forums' information and timely PO links for personal gain and it needs to stop. Can we start a legitimate petition to IP ban him or something?  I'm 100% serious.

2 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Seriously this, @jhulud.  It's no longer funny, amusing, or frustratingly entertaining.  This kid is the most disgusting excuse I've seen for a VC member, and actually tarnishes what makes VC a community worth participating in.  His posts are incessant trash and he's literally leeching off the site to take advantage of limited orders with obvious intent to resell.  I'm sure there are people who would love to genuinely own, enjoy, and keep every release he's flipped so far.  He's exploiting the forums' information and timely PO links for personal gain and it needs to stop. Can we start a legitimate petition to IP ban him or something?  I'm 100% serious.

I'll sign it

5 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Everyone exploits this forum's information for personal gain. Peope flip records. Get over it

1 minute ago, Dave Grohl said:

Everyone? Not even close, dude. 

Yeah... quite the contrary, actually.  The overwhelming majority of this thread's participants – people who post, people who lurk, and even guests without an account – have used it to buy the record, to own and keep for themselves.  I get that there are people out there that do indeed flip records.  But if we can put an end to one notably shitty user doing it, I say we take that initiative.

Does banning him prevent him from viewing the forum? If so, great, but I doubt it. He can still view, just not post. Threads will still be seen, records will still be purchased, records will be photographed, records will be sold for $1-100 above cost. We will just limit our interaction/annoyance, he won't be able to say "yaaaas" anymore, it won't prevent any taking advantage of said board. 

23 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Yeah... quite the contrary, actually.  The overwhelming majority of this thread's participants – people who post, people who lurk, and even guests without an account – have used it to buy the record, to own and keep for themselves.  I get that there are people out there that do indeed flip records.  But if we can put an end to one notably shitty user doing it, I say we take that initiative.

Exactly. And at least that will be not only one less annoyance to deal with, but help limiting the amount of records that get flipped in the future. There are a large handful of records he is selling at any giving time that he found because of this thread with the specific purpose of flipping. It's not even buyer's remorse. It's "oh this is popular with people, OK I'll buy the limited bundle and flip later". That's just juvenile, and counterproductive to the goal of this forum. I'm with you, man. I know he isn't being an asshole directly to anyone, in the traditional sense or threatening anyone, etc. but taking advantage and trolling can be just as shitty. 

20 minutes ago, ryantark said:

Does banning him prevent him from viewing the forum? If so, great, but I doubt it. He can still view, just not post. Threads will still be seen, records will still be purchased, records will be photographed, records will be sold for $1-100 above cost. We will just limit our interaction/annoyance, he won't be able to say "yaaaas" anymore, it won't prevent any taking advantage of said board. 

And therein lies the magic of an IP ban.  Which can be countered, sure, but it'd feel great to know that there's at least some proactivity towards making the forum a better place.

11 minutes ago, jhulud said:

I am just waiting for him to throw shade at me for liking T-Swizzle and posting gifs. Then I'll ban him. That usually works.

But he won't.  Because despite being a shady shit-weasel on Discogs, he insists on posting "stay positive :D" on the forums, and "haha yesss! <3" in response to your gifs.  Like I said; quite literally the worst.

3 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

And therein lies the magic of an IP ban.  Which can be countered, sure, but it'd feel great to know that there's at least some proactivity towards making the forum a better place.

well, remember he has two accounts, and when the alt account showed up, the ip didn't match. likely because one was mobile and the other desktop or whatever fucked up shit he was doing.

Just now, Picklepussformayor said:

Hey, I was pointed in this direction to this site for help. Looking to get advice on buying the sold out deluxe version. I've sold on eBay for 80.00 and I saw one on discogs for 150.00. What do you think is a fair price to pay?

A record is worth whatever you're willing to pay for it. Whatever is fair to you is a fair price. But these aren't even really out yet. Maybe a few people have them in their hands. Wait a month or two and they'll go down in price. Or just buy a tour copy at a show.