PO Converge - You Fail Me - 10 year Aniversary NOW

I know you guys have a running beef, but what's it about? My only interaction with the guy was him offering me a solid deal on an ITTCT record

It's all in good fun. The dude just says some ridiculous stuff sometimes. Just go read the post rock, Caspian, and Deafheaven threads to get an idea. He also has a way with 'analogies'.

It's all in good fun. The dude just says some ridiculous stuff sometimes. Just go read the post rock, Caspian, and Deafheaven threads to get an idea. He also has a way with 'analogies'.

Oh I've seen the analogies, in the very least. Not a whole thread, mind you, but I have had a good laugh at his "ethereal, orgasmic" post-rock descriptors.

I like everything Isis did, that just happens to be by far my least favorite piece.

Really? I fucking love this song... it's like you're gliding through the clouds that rise above the darkened grey ruins of a dystopian future, somewhat hopeful, caught in a dream spell that only gets broken once you remember you're surrounded by monuments to a failed humanity.

:D

Panopticon is amazing up through In Fiction, and then peters out for me. The back half of that record doesn't hold my interest nearly as much as those first 3 tracks.

Wow! I would've never thought that somebody would say this. For me, Wills Resolve is THE song of Panopticon. The last half of that song is possibly my favorite ISIS music. Not discrediting your taste tho, just found it weird coming from a fan of the band.

Wow! I would've never thought that somebody would say this. For me, Wills Resolve is THE song of Panopticon. The last half of that song is possibly my favorite ISIS music. Not discrediting your taste tho, just found it weird coming from a fan of the band.

i think, generally speaking, panopticon is probably the favorite of their discography. the production is perfect, the sound is generally accessible, and despite being a slow burn for the most part the payoffs are huge. in some ways it's one of their more inaccessible albums but usually that is the one i hear people say is their favorite. 

and so when you think of ITAOT, it is kind of an anomaly in their discography, it has a sound they never really did again with all the shard-like delayed guitars and songs that really felt like songs, as opposed to, i don't know, movements on an album (which is definitely the case for Panopticon, most of all). while i would encourage gumbo to return to panopticon again (and again and again and again) i can definitely see how ITAOT is pretty unique in their discography, and it is a very engaging album from the first listen. 

when it came out i thought it was for sure their best album, especially after Dulcinea being the lead single (and that song really is the perfect blend of more "song" oriented isis while still retaining their usual textures and heaviness.... but man those 7 minutes fly by). 

i'm not bashing anyone's opinion or anything, just sharing my love of the band, but man Panopticon really is such a perfect album. i think it still, to this day, has the best production of any ISIS album, ITAOT is a close second but when you put Panopticon on and just crank it that album washes over you like nothing else. 

altered course is probably my favorite on it, that song is such a great example of a different facet of their sound that they do amazingly. the whole album is mindblowing though, especially when listened through. 

I'm flirting with the idea of getting in on this when it goes up as You Fail Me is probably my favourite Converge album.

Jane Doe is what got me into Converge, and at the time I was pretty much going through a situation that made the lyrics feel like a biography, so I've always connected with that one more overall, but I think You Fail Me is the BEST Converge album. Not that there's really a weak point in their discography...

And your point is?

Was simply trying to convince the poster just above the post you quoted that it wasn't too expensive to get all their albums. I just didn't quote him because my post touched the post of his which I was replying to.

I'm aware Converge and Deathwish Inc. are really good for keeping things in print so it's not the difficulty of hunting down a copy of each album but more to do with the cost. 6 LPs @ $20 a piece +Shipping to the UK is a big investment.

Didn't realize you were in the UK. That might be a bit more expensive. But check discogs.com and there might be some local sellers around you that you can get cheap shipping on.