Which Way Do You Stack Your Milk Crates?

Which way do you stack your milk crates turn them to the side or the opening to the top?? I have mine stack with the opening to the top turn then to the side is easier to access your records.

Sounds logical to me so I thought I'd try it. I have them currently opening up but when I turn them to the side, the opening is still up. I've completely turned them around a couple times now & the opening is still up. What am I doing wrong?

Which way do you stack your milk crates turn them to the side or the opening to the top?? I have mine stack with the opening to the top turn then to the side is easier to access your records.

Hey DJboutit2,

I used to use crates, and when I did, I always kept the opening facing up. Since the crates became flimsy once completely filled, I felt like turning them to the side would risk my collection spilling out. 

Eventually, I started to discover that the crates (along with becoming flimsy) were leaving markings and dings on my sleeves so I switched to some proper shelving. 

In the end, the shelving looked better too.

For the time being while you have crates, keep them opening face up. Then get some shelving down the road whenever you can.

haha I still use crates, but now that I'm past 400 records I'm looking into other options.  I prefer flipping through records, but they just take up too much space.  Haven't really had any problems until I stored my records with my parents when I went to college and came home to find they had stacked them three high.  Ugh.