• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Orange https://descendents.store/product/19352/9th-walnut-lp-orange

Can't wait to take a selfie holding 9th & Walnut on 9th & Walnut.

It was on KIngs Road Merch but hasn't gone live yet.

My first (of way too many) copy showed up today and I gave it a quick spin. Looking forward to spending some more time with it but first impression is that it has a heavy 70s surf rock feel to it and I love it. I think it fits perfectly in between Hectic World / Ride The Wild and the Fat EP or Milo Goes to College. Anyone who wasn’t paying attention to what it was when they ordered this and is expecting a “new” Descendents record will be in for a big surprise. 

NosD9YW.jpeg

On 5/4/2021 at 10:33 PM, truexbeliever said:

Coretex has an aqua / 325 and an indie edition electric blue. I think that brings the total up to ten different versions 🥴

https://coretexrecords.com/Descendents-9th-Walnut-PRE-ORDER_9

To avoid further confusion: it is not /325 but it is "375". "375 Media" is a big distributor and they started some time ago (this year? did not notice it earlier) distributing exclusive variants. It does not represent the pressing number of their variants, afaik.

https://375media.com/

17 minutes ago, Iggy_Pilot said:

To avoid further confusion: it is not /325 but it is "375". "375 Media" is a big distributor and they started some time ago (this year? did not notice it earlier) distributing exclusive variants. It does not represent the pressing number of their variants, afaik.

https://375media.com/

Thanks for the clarification. Didn’t realize this and was a poor assumption on my part that it was a Core Tex exclusive. 

19 hours ago, truexbeliever said:

My first (of way too many) copy showed up today and I gave it a quick spin. Looking forward to spending some more time with it but first impression is that it has a heavy 70s surf rock feel to it and I love it. I think it fits perfectly in between Hectic World / Ride The Wild and the Fat EP or Milo Goes to College. Anyone who wasn’t paying attention to what it was when they ordered this and is expecting a “new” Descendents record will be in for a big surprise. 

NosD9YW.jpeg

This being the original lineup was the major selling point for me. Their original sound has never really been duplicated that well, but as soon as I heard the first new track, it instantly had that “thing” that I guess only the 4 of these guys in a room together can yield. Can’t wait to spin this! 

Gave this a full listen this morning. It’s incredible. I don’t think it really sunk in for me how special this release was until I listened to it front to back. Frank and Tony playing on this is very noticeable. I don’t think I’ve ever heard a band release a “new” record that sounded so close to their roots. It’s really cool that they aren’t trying to mimic a past sound or feel, but that it is a past sound and feel. It’s a perfect pre-cursor to ..College. During the first listen Grudge and Lullaby really stuck out to me. This will be in heavy rotation for me for a long time.