[PO] Explosions in the Sky - END (Sept 15, 2023)

spacer.png

https://explosionsinthesky.bandcamp.com/album/end

https://explosions-in-the-sky-us.myshopify.com/collections/music

https://www.temporaryresidence.com/collections/shop/products/trr414

Pressing Info:

/5000 Pink, Online Webstore Edition (Across all three links)

/? Black

/? Indie Yellow, Rough Trade UK

/1000 Red, Spotify Fan First

Single:

Edited by tlr

• tlr changed the title to [PO] Explosions in the Sky - END (Sept 15, 2023)

Kind of strange to like a pretty popular band for so long, live in their country of origin, and have never ever had the chance to see them play live. I have some fond memories of passing their albums back to back working crappy overnights. Might not preorder until I can hear the whole album but it’ll probably get a big pressing that’ll be at my LRS. 

1 hour ago, alwaysopenmouth said:

Kind of strange to like a pretty popular band for so long, live in their country of origin, and have never ever had the chance to see them play live. I have some fond memories of passing their albums back to back working crappy overnights. Might not preorder until I can hear the whole album but it’ll probably get a big pressing that’ll be at my LRS. 

Same. I've been a fan for a long time but have never seen them live. I've had plenty of opportunities, but I've never really enjoyed live shows by instrumental bands. 

40 minutes ago, ntslash said:

Same. I've been a fan for a long time but have never seen them live. I've had plenty of opportunities, but I've never really enjoyed live shows by instrumental bands. 

The first time I saw them, they were opening for Arcade Fire here at an outside pavilion maybe in 2011. They started playing at like 630 or 7 when alot of people were still walking in , so no one was really paying attention to them. I feel like they only played maybe 5 songs too.

The next time they came back they were headlining and sold out a different outside venue, and it was a totally different experience. They started playing right before dusk, so the transition into the nighttime with the lights and their music was an amazing experience.

Edited by tlr

They’re one of my favorite live bands, especially when I’ve seen them in smaller venues and headlining. They pretty much just plug in, say “We’re Explosions in the Sky from West Texas” and then rock out, nothing fancy.  You can definitely tell they enjoy performing on stage and really get into the music. 

Saw them in London yeeeeaarrss ago and their amp set on fire just as they got into the last song (I think it was "… We Were Alone"). Still managed to play the final song out though! Probably peak time to see them, playing a nice set of their core, classic material. Not sure how much I'd engage seeing them now as a lot of their stuff sounds a bit too "jammy". Still enjoy listening to whatever they put out, but holding out for the full album. Haven't snagged a record of theirs since All Of A Sudden…

On 7/17/2023 at 8:08 PM, ntslash said:

Can't recommend them live enough! They pick their setlists so perfectly that there's not much of a lull or drag like with other instrumental bands I've seen.  Def try to catch them on this tour if you can!

On 7/17/2023 at 8:08 PM, ntslash said:

Without checkin' my ticket stubs or previously attended festival lineups, I know I've seen them live once. As only a casual fan, I would NOT miss them if they came through town again!

• 4 weeks later...

They closed with a new song called “The Fight” in Portland last night. Rest of the set was The Earth is not a Cold Dead Place in full, “The Birth and the Death of Day” and “Yasmin The Light”.  Great show overall, it was an outdoor show on a beautiful summer night and the crowd was very chill. 

Edited by morfiend

13 hours ago, morfiend said:

They closed with  a new song called “The Fight” in Portland last night. Rest of the set was The Earth is not a Cold Dead Place in full, “The Birth and the Death of Day” and “Yasmin The Light”.  Great show overall, it was an outdoor show on a beautiful summer night and the crowd was very chill. 

Christ, that setlist is so good 

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, kas1985 said:

To anyone that has been to a show on this tour so far, are they selling a tour variant? Wondering if I should go with the indie yellow or wait until I see them on tour.

Thanks in advance. 

At the houston show, they only had the pink and black variant for END. The merch was the same on their webstore currently, 4 shirts and a hoodie.

EDIT: The explosions subreddit said the dallas show had the red spotify variant for end as well.

Edited by tlr