What video games have you been playing?

Lads, after some advice....

I have a 360,   which I only really use as a device for watching video files on the TV.    However,  my wonderful 16 month old daughter has just purchased a £40 Xbox Live subscription by mashing the buttons for about 10 seconds....    

Looks like I'm stuck with it,  so was wondering if anyone could advise me how to get the most out of the service, for someone who doesn't like games  (Unless they were made in the 80's and come on a cassette tape).

...Apologies if this is the wrong thread.

I just started Catherine a couple days ago. It's great, the puzzles make you want to tear your hair out but it's really fun. The story is pretty interesting, it's a bizarre look into the male psyche and how they deal with infidelity, commitment, marriage, children, etc. It might still be on sale for $9.99 on PSN and definitely worth playing.

Lads, after some advice....

I have a 360,   which I only really use as a device for watching video files on the TV.    However,  my wonderful 16 month old daughter has just purchased a £40 Xbox Live subscription by mashing the buttons for about 10 seconds....    

Looks like I'm stuck with it,  so was wondering if anyone could advise me how to get the most out of the service, for someone who doesn't like games  (Unless they were made in the 80's and come on a cassette tape).

...Apologies if this is the wrong thread.

Do you have any friends or family members with an HBO subscription? If so HBOgo is great and something you need live for. The also give out a free arcade game a month for subscribers.

A game I loved playing online that wasn't a crazy FPS or anything was UNO, buy that and play online with people, it's a lot of fun.

I just started Catherine a couple days ago. It's great, the puzzles make you want to tear your hair out but it's really fun. The story is pretty interesting, it's a bizarre look into the male psyche and how they deal with infidelity, commitment, marriage, children, etc. It might still be on sale for $9.99 on PSN and definitely worth playing

One of my favorite games of all-time. I just love the story, characters, and soundtrack so much.

Jak 2 is pretty hard, needs more checkpoints.

It was hard but satisfying, games need less checkpoints.

Never understood why they never rebooted or continued the Jak & Daxter franchise on PS3. Too busy with Uncharted I guess.

They tried but weren't feeling it was the official statement on that matter. I hope it's coming to PS4 now that there are two pretty accomplished teams at ND.

Never understood why they never rebooted or continued the Jak & Daxter franchise on PS3. Too busy with Uncharted I guess.

https://www.psu.com/a022576/Naughty-Dog-on-Jak-4--the-door-is-never-fully-shut-theres-always-a-possibility

Looks like there is still hope for a new Jak game on the PS4.

It was hard but satisfying, games need less checkpoints.

I guess I'm just too used to games that have too many checkpoints. It's still great fun though.

Have you beat them before? I still consider the trilogy my favorite story in any game.

I used to play Jak 2 and 3 when I was younger. Never beat Jak 2, because it was way too hard for me back then, but I think I beat Jak 3.

Feels good to finally get to play through the whole trilogy.

Can you get them on the PlayStation Store or only the HD Remastered Trilogy? Really want to play Jak & Daxter now after reading this thread.

Late answer, but they are also available individually. 

Here's Jak & Daxter: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/jak-and-daxter-the-precursor-legacy/cid=UP9000-NPUA80706_00-JAKANDDAXTER0001

Last weekend Steam did a free weekend for COD: Ghosts.  Played it casually during the free period.  What a train wreck, re-installed MW2 and while avoiding massive cheaters, hackers and modders I'm having a absolute blast again.

Keep this thread updated on the South Park game, I'm very curious about that one.