Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

What was defective about the record?

The record itself was warped severely enough to cause tracking issues even after multiple attempts to "work-around" it and also the label on both sides was severely bubbled to the point where it was barely attached. The main issue was the warp as I could've carefully fixed the label if that was the only issue though it wouldn't have been pretty. The combo of the two for what was supposed to be a "new" record was the only reason I even asked for a new copy to begin with. I rarely do this as I know vinyl isn't always perfect but unplayable "new" records don't really do me any good either.

TWICE, Hot Topic has sent me records that have arrived warped and melted. Never again. I have, however, never had an issue with SRC even though everyone else has a million complaints with them. I get my stuff in working condition at least.

Couldn't have anything to do with living in Texas. I'm sure they melt the record first before shipping it.

I have a issue with 2 labels right now.  

1 is Fat Wreck.  so i ordered the Tony sly comp and that arrived.   well the cover is completely wrecked.  i have emailed them at the least 5 times and have yet to get a response.   

The other is anchor 84.   Same issue as above.  Numerous emails and no response   The Material album cover came in worse shape than the Tony sly cover did.   Tops and side spines are split really bad.  and all 4 corners are bent.   Made taking the album out a little scary as i didnt want to scratch the record.  

Luckily both records arrived in fine shape.  Just wish the covers were decent

BTW both albums were just in the mailer.  no protection at all.   the box mailers both had minimal damage.  So the postman cant take the blame.   its all on the crappy shipping practices

I'm having a very similar issue involving Fat and the Tony Sly pressing.  I got a response about a month ago but noting since then.

I have a issue with 2 labels right now.  

1 is Fat Wreck.  so i ordered the Tony sly comp and that arrived.   well the cover is completely wrecked.  i have emailed them at the least 5 times and have yet to get a response.   

I recently ordered Algernon from Hot Green, and I got no word of confirmation nor the package for about a month, even after emailing. I ended up filing a claim, and had to get PayPal to refund me, but then I got the records a day after and an email. That was a total bummer, and I wouldn't have filed a claim if I got some word. 

Following up on my earlier Lauren Records post.

He simply said he was mailing out the 2x Knife Man cassettes in place of the Muhammad Ali LP, and if there was a Muhammad Ali tape around he would throw it in. I replied that I'm okay with that, then I immediately get an email saying my order shipped.

Well about a week later, I do get my order. And I do get a Muhammad Ali cassette as a bonus. But my order is incomplete and missing 4 tapes, including the Knife Man tapes I requested to even get the order out. This is a week before Christmas now. I send yet another email politely saying that my order is incomplete, referencing the order number, and requesting the rest of it, kinda sorta emphasizing that some of these were meant to be gifts. I get an email in two seconds that says, verbatim, 'ok ill send it'. Did not arrive before Christmas, didn't get all my gifts out.

I'm kinda unhappy with them at this point. The guy has been very nice and all, and when the order was actually shipped it came in a timely fashion, But in the end it took 2 months, a lot of emailing and order modification and they still didn't even get my initial order correct. It's a shame.

That's a bummer, I have nothing but love for Lauren Records! I've ordered from them a couple of times and they always send it in a timely fashion. They had a surprise box deal that I suggested and for 15 bucks I got the leer LP and 3 really cool 7"'s, as well as a pin and stickers. They also put on a really awesome fest last year. Sorry to hear that! Contacting them on their Facebook page is always easy as well as they always seem to be online. 

I recently ordered Algernon from Hot Green, and I got no word of confirmation nor the package for about a month, even after emailing. I ended up filing a claim, and had to get PayPal to refund me, but then I got the records a day after and an email. That was a total bummer, and I wouldn't have filed a claim if I got some word. 

I've had similar things happen, just gift them the money if you are feeling bad about it.

I'm having a hell of a time right now getting Fat Wreck Chords to reply to my e-mails.  When I received my Tony Sly LP in late Oct I discovered that the A and B sides of the record skipped horribly.  I went ahead and cleaned the record and had no improvement with the problem, so I contacted Fat.  When I initially contacted them they said they'd send me a new copy of the LP when the re-pressings arrived in early Dec.  

I have been attempting to contact them for the last 6 weeks to get a status update with no luck.  This sucks as I really love the songs on this record and can't enjoy them.

Any advice on how to proceed?

I'm having a hell of a time right now getting Fat Wreck Chords to reply to my e-mails.  When I received my Tony Sly LP in late Oct I discovered that the A and B sides of the record skipped horribly.  I went ahead and cleaned the record and had no improvement with the problem, so I contacted Fat.  When I initially contacted them they said they'd send me a new copy of the LP when a repressing came in.  I have been attempting to contact them for the last 6 weeks to get a status update with no luck.  This sucks as I really love the songs on this record and can't enjoy them.

Any advice on how to proceed?

Keep emailing them.   do it every day if you have to.   also try twitter or facebook.   After numerous emails i finally got a response yesterday from them and they say a new sleeve will be sent to me.  good luck on your part

Keep emailing them.   do it every day if you have to.   also try twitter or facebook.   After numerous emails i finally got a response yesterday from them and they say a new sleeve will be sent to me.  good luck on your part

Damn I didn't want to bombard them like that but I guess sometimes the squeaky wheel get the oil.

That's a bummer, I have nothing but love for Lauren Records! I've ordered from them a couple of times and they always send it in a timely fashion. They had a surprise box deal that I suggested and for 15 bucks I got the leer LP and 3 really cool 7"'s, as well as a pin and stickers. They also put on a really awesome fest last year. Sorry to hear that! Contacting them on their Facebook page is always easy as well as they always seem to be online. 

I dismantled my Facebook or else I would.

I'm finishing this by saying that the last tapes did now finally show up. In the end, if I give credit where it's due. everything arrived safely in great condition, the guy was accommodating when I could get a hold of him, and I ended up with a couple free tapes. But.. it took an unreasonably long time and a lot of back-and-forth, and I hate that feeling of uncertainty. I understand things can get lost in the shuffle, I'll probably give them another chance down the line because they have some great stuff, but man. I don't wanna wait another three months for some cassettes.

From the top of my head:  I've had more than I could ask for service from Jim at Hip Kid Records, Stewart at No Breaks Records, Adam at Say-10 Records, Holger and Co. @ Coffee Breath & Heartache, Mike and Co. at Dead Broke, Different Kitchens, Todd at Recess, Rorschach,  86'd Records, Chris at Dirt Cult, Adam @ It's Alive, Salinas, No Idea, Tiny Engines, Vinnie directly at P+P, and of course Mike at Asian Man.  I know I'm missing some, but this is all while corralling two kids near bed time.   

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?