PO: Inception [soundtrack] LP /1000 on clear vinyl

I will say that, other than differentiatinig presses, I wouldn't have minded a repress of pure black 180 gram just for possible better fidelity. Other than that, I'm not caring much.

Fun fact: black vinyl also isn't "pure", as the material is actually clear/greyish and black coloring is added to make black vinyl. So technically black vinyl is also colored vinyl, only clear vinyl is actually "pure". Labels that go for the best possible sound fidelity usually opt for clear vinyl. Either way, the quality of the press, master, stamper etc. all play a much bigger role in sound quality than color.

Did anyone who ordered from CDUniverse try to do the "Free Shipping Rebate" offer on the receipt?  Mine says:

"***SPECIAL OFFER***

Get a FREE SHIPPING REBATE on this order!

Go to www.claimyourrebate.com and select "CD Universe" from the list."

It sounds a little scammy but I don't know, it's literally right on the CDUniverse receipt.  Would be nice to get a $7 rebate but I'm probably not going to bother unless somebody here has had success with it.

Did anyone who ordered from CDUniverse try to do the "Free Shipping Rebate" offer on the receipt?  Mine says:

"***SPECIAL OFFER***

Get a FREE SHIPPING REBATE on this order!

Go to www.claimyourrebate.com and select "CD Universe" from the list."

It sounds a little scammy but I don't know, it's literally right on the CDUniverse receipt.  Would be nice to get a $7 rebate but I'm probably not going to bother unless somebody here has had success with it.

Its fishy as hell. I tried looking at it when I got mine. Its some site where you have to sign up for a "amazon prime" style membership across a bunch of no name sites to get the rebate.

Its fishy as hell. I tried looking at it when I got mine. Its some site where you have to sign up for a "amazon prime" style membership across a bunch of no name sites to get the rebate.

Most rebates are. They are a marketing gimmick basically buying your info for a cheap rebate.

Also,

Inception is no longer available to purchase from Amazon, only from the third party sellers on Amazon, which usually means that it's starting to go OOP again....

Anyone snag an extra? I was on the fence about this but definately one one now but I missed it.

Considering it's still available to order from best buy, elusive disc, soundstage direct, cduniverse, I would say all things considered that it did last long. I don't think it's going to be unavailable for a while.

Just buy one from any of those sites

My Dark Knight and Inception came from cd universe yesterday, I was pretty surprised. The stickers on the front were quite old looking and faded from shelf / storage wear, the sleeves however were mint. My inception has no sound issues whatsoever and plays clear through all the silent passages. These are most certainly dubious reissues.