The Walking Dead

mcm1610

I don't really give a shit about the van. Nor did I care that sometimes the prison seemed 2 miles from Woodbury while other times it seemed like 25 miles. Or that they have nice hair and beards. Or any of the other shit that doesn't really matter that much. 

All I'm asking is for interesting things to happen to interesting people for, at least, a couple of consecutive episodes. 

Agreed.

I still think the walking dead is a great tv show, I would just like to see some intrigue brought back.

Aren't we supposed to censor spoilers? Haha but holy shit, what an episode.

I was really surprised by Beth. After reading the post about a main character dying, I was sure it was going to be Glenn - but there wasn't a real opportunity for him to eat it this episode, and once Beth threw that pig down the elevator shaft (fucking cool scene by the way), I figured maybe that was it. And with those scissors tucked into her cast, I was certain they'd just let her cut Dawn's throat and leave. So shit, that last scene really took me by surprise.

I have to say I'm a little skeptical about Dawn pulling out her gun and firing it in that short amount of time - plus, the other survivors not seeing her make a move for her weapon and filling her with holes. It takes a good second or two to draw from a holster like that. But I'll let it slide, I guess.

I really liked Rick, Daryl, and Sasha this episode, which is not something I've been able to say a lot. Even Corl wasn't so bad.

Edit: In other news, Zach Handlen over at the A.V. Club has written another shitty review for "Coda," which was probably the best so far behind the season premiere. This guy is a total fucking idiot, and he pays so little attention that he genuinely doesn't even know the names of characters (not in these, but in some of his other reviews). It's a shame because the A.V. Club, as pretentious as they are, have some good reviewers - but this guy gets delegated all the big-ticket shows as if he's not an insipid dumbass. 

Edit for the edit: Butts Carlton in the comments section wrote a better review of this episode in one paragraph, and he doesn't get paid by the fucking A.V. Club to sit on his ass and watch TV.

I'm pretty sure (but not 100%) that the gun was already in her hand

yeah I think I pretty much everyone one both sides had their weapons drawn. What I don't understand is what Beth was thinking. Did she think those tiny scissors would kill Dawn and nothing would happen to her? Think it was a very stupid way for them to kill off a main character. Didn't make much sense.

I'm pretty sure (but not 100%) that the gun was already in her hand   

I thought they had all holstered their guns, but you may be right - she may have drawn it again when Rick wasn't cooperative about Noah. Still, that's pretty quick to move when someone's stabbing you, and if Dawn's gun was out then the survivors should have had their sights trained on her anyway, that's just common sense. 

yeah I think I pretty much everyone one both sides had their weapons drawn. What I don't understand is what Beth was thinking. Did she think those tiny scissors would kill Dawn and nothing would happen to her? Think it was a very stupid way for them to kill off a main character. Didn't make much sense.

I think she knew if Dawn was taken out, everyone else would back the fuck off.  I think.