what's the most you've ever spent on a record?

Guest vinyldoa

I think I spent upwards to $50 with shipping for the most recent MOV press of TDAG. Pretty disappointed with that one, really wish it was a gatefold for that price. The jacket feels cheap and the only redeeming quality of it all are the photos on the sleeves.

But hey, a lot of people had issues with their copies skipping and such and mine has been pretty good so far. 

Didn't mean to downplay your 001/500, because that's a feat in itself. I'm assuming you bought it from a friend or relative of the band?

Don't worry, I didn't take it like you were downplaying it.  I just never knew that about 000.  I actually bought it from a guy who bought over 30 of them when they came out (tisk tisk).  He was about to sell me a copy and then realized it was the 1st copy, so then he jacked the price up and I still had to have it.  

Don't worry, I didn't take it like you were downplaying it.  I just never knew that about 000.  I actually bought it from a guy who bought over 30 of them when they came out (tisk tisk).  He was about to sell me a copy and then realized it was the 1st copy, so then he jacked the price up and I still had to have it.  

Sorry to be the one to tell you but you got ripped off really badly. Like hundreds of dollars bad.

Sorry to be the one to tell you but you got ripped off really badly. Like hundreds of dollars bad.

nah, i knew exactly what i was doing.  as I said, it's my favorite album.  400 dollars is totally worth it to having 001 of my favorite album.  try to get any number of this edition for less than 200 dollars.  

do you have any 001s of any editions?  any of your favorite album?  if so, i'd be curious to know which ones you have.  truth is, people don't  sell 001 of any edition for the most part. so your belief that i got ripped of "really badly" is unwarranted, and you don't know what value I place on having 001 on MY favorite album. 

70 canadian plus shipping for a sealed copy of Soundgarden - Down on the upside. All my soundgarden LP's were pricey, and I dont regret it whatsoever

I came across a promo copy of DOTU at my local record shop months ago.  Slept on it and when I went back the next day to pick it up, someone snagged it.  It wasn't sealed but otherwise flawless in condition and the shop was only asking $30 USD for it.  Still kicking myself for that one.

I came across a promo copy of DOTU at my local record shop months ago.  Slept on it and when I went back the next day to pick it up, someone snagged it.  It wasn't sealed but otherwise flawless in condition and the shop was only asking $30 USD for it.  Still kicking myself for that one.

Egregious lack of judgement in that you A) didn't pick this up and B ) didn't text me to come get it if you weren't going to buy it.

:D

Egregious lack of judgement in that you A) didn't pick this up and B ) didn't text me to come get it if you weren't going to buy it.

:D

I think this was before I met you.  I want to say it was June or July of last year.  If I remember correctly, I didn't pick it up because I didn't get paid until that following day when I came back to find it gone.  With any luck, this album along with Superunknown will get a reissue soon.

I think this was before I met you.  I want to say it was June or July of last year.  If I remember correctly, I didn't pick it up because I didn't get paid until that following day when I came back to find it gone.  With any luck, this album along with Superunknown will get a reissue soon.

Alright.. I will allow it.

And I agree.. I want Superunknown.  I'm hoping for a reissue soon.