Failure - Comfort & Magnified On Vinyl

For anyone looking for a copy of Magnified, Bull Moose is selling leftover copies on their website for $22.97.  All orders over $20 are shipped for free.  I snagged one.  Here is the link...

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/15403974/failure-magnified-record-store-day-exclusive

What do people think of the Magnified press?  I know the recording itself has its limitations, but to be honest, I wasn't overly impressed.  The mix sounds good.  It's definitely an improvement over the CD, and I'm really glad to have it.  It just feels like it could have been a bit better.  There is definitely some more low end on this than the CD mix had.  It seems like it was pressed a little hot though.  I noticed some clipping on a couple tracks, mostly Moth.  

Before people bounce back with "what are you playing it on, is your cart aligned" - yes, that is not the problem.  

For anyone looking for a copy of Magnified, Bull Moose is selling leftover copies on their website for $22.97.  All orders over $20 are shipped for free.  I snagged one.  Here is the link...

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/15403974/failure-magnified-record-store-day-exclusive

I tried to order but it looks like they don't ship stuff in Europe....  :(

What do people think of the Magnified press? I know the recording itself has its limitations, but to be honest, I wasn't overly impressed. The mix sounds good. It's definitely an improvement over the CD, and I'm really glad to have it. It just feels like it could have been a bit better. There is definitely some more low end on this than the CD mix had. It seems like it was pressed a little hot though. I noticed some clipping on a couple tracks, mostly Moth.

Before people bounce back with "what are you playing it on, is your cart aligned" - yes, that is not the problem.

It may be a little on the hot side in spots , but sounds great to me overall. This and comfort both sound way better than I've heard them before. Nice and punchy.

• 2 weeks later...

What do people think of the Magnified press?  I know the recording itself has its limitations, but to be honest, I wasn't overly impressed.  The mix sounds good.  It's definitely an improvement over the CD, and I'm really glad to have it.  It just feels like it could have been a bit better.  There is definitely some more low end on this than the CD mix had.  It seems like it was pressed a little hot though.  I noticed some clipping on a couple tracks, mostly Moth.  

First off, hi fives to Human Ton and Handy for helping me out on this - I haven't had a chance to pop this on yet, but the packaging was pretty off-putting for the price...I really wish these reissues would be priced accordingly, I'm fine with paying a bit more if I get better packaging and maybe even some liner notes or something...a sleeve and a slab o wax for $25 is pretty steep

First off, hi fives to Human Ton and Handy for helping me out on this - I haven't had a chance to pop this on yet, but the packaging was pretty off-putting for the price...I really wish these reissues would be priced accordingly, I'm fine with paying a bit more if I get better packaging and maybe even some liner notes or something...a sleeve and a slab o wax for $25 is pretty steep

To have such an under-the-radar band's record pressed to vinyl for the first time since released almost 20 years ago... yeah i'll take it.

• 3 weeks later...

anyone still looking for Magnified...I placed a special order with Zia Records, local to Phx, the day after RSD for it and it just came in to my pleasant surprise. Not sure if they can get more copies, but worth a shot. Hell I didn't think I'd ever hear from them. They sell on Amazon too, but idk how willing they are to ship stuff not listed on there. thought I'd throw it out there...worth a shot!

• 5 weeks later...

I'm looking all over for details... nothing on the record yet, but per setlist.fm:

17. Encore:
Pretty solid setlist and I like that they ended with Screen Man.
Anxiously awaiting a response from someone on Discogs who was going to see if I can score his buddy's 7" because he doesn't collect records.
I've offered one of my two Fantastic Planet t-shirts... we shall see.

I went it was great they sounded super tight, great sonic guitar tones. They started with a video montage of movies that inspired them projected on a screen that covered the stage: 2001, Ren and Stimpy's Space Madness, Bond movie inter-cut with the Suck on You video, Solaris (Russian), a few others that I can't remember the name of, and finally Fantastic Planet. The screen/ curtain dropped and the band launched into as far as I can remember the set-list above. The lighting was simple but very cool. Again sound great. It looked like they had a nice camera recording it from the sound booth so maybe we'll get some video other videos soon.

As for merch they had 4 different shirts for 25.00, a Fantastic Planet post signed by all 3 members for $50. You only get the 7 inch with the special ticket and unfortunately I didn't have one. But someone did let me look at trier's and the songs are Solaris (2014 version) and Shrine. 

Here's some pics I took with my crappy cell phone camera:

12529067875_13fda8c321_b.jpg12529558154_d40cbe62b1_b.jpg12529069275_807d0450f6_b.jpgtumblr_n0zwzpETXn1qcxnjxo1_1280.jpgtumblr_n0yyosSnbj1qcxnjxo1_1280.jpg