I am so glad I signed up to get the Lazaretto vault leftovers as they showed in stock, couldn't add to cart however. Emailed them and got "Yeah sometimes things sell out before we physically remove the in-stock notice, it's a manual process. Enjoy the next Vault. I am sure to listen to this all the time. 

Loretta Lynn's Van Lear Rose has been OOP from Third Man for some time, and this also includes a Stripes single of a studio cut that has never been released. This Vault may not get much attention here, but Third Man collector's and fans seem to be pretty pumped about this release. In due time, I think the Vault will release the Jack and Loretta show from Bridgestone Arena in Nashville this past January as well... 

....no most TMR fans are not pumped about this.....

Also TMR releases do not go out of print, there may be some delay due to factory back up but they keep all records in print.

You and I must belong to different TMR groups then, I've seen nothing but overwhelming response to this release. People are happy it's not completely Jack or White Stripes related as the past two releases have been, there was also rumors about this Vault being revolved around Pokey LaFarge Live at Third Man. Just because this Vault won't have the re-sell value as the two previous releases or it's not the new Dead Weather album, doesn't mean people aren't beyond excited for this release. Many fans have never had the opportunity to own Van Lear Rose.  Also, Van Lear Rose black vinyl has not been available from Third Man Records in over a year. It might not be OOP, but it's certainly not coming back. 

Yes it certainly is coming back....they do not let anything go out of print....

Also check out White Swirl, the Third Man / Jack White forum.....there is a few people who are happy with this new vault, but it is very few people....

I know of the White Swirl and do visit, but not as much activity there as the Third Man Collector's facebook page, where this Vault release was cheered by more than a few. I get that Loretta is not for everyone, hell this is her only TMR release, and not every Vault can be fully "Jack" related. That being said, this is far from the worst release the Vault has done. Van Lear Rose won a grammy, and where there already is a "Blue Rose" variant, this Gold re-issue looks awesome, as we all know it WILL be. The 7" will be very highly anticipated. The DVD is overlooked, but should be cool to peak at. 

For me, I do already own Van Lear Rose, and where I am not ecstatic about  the new Vault, the 7" with a live version of Whispering Sea is enough to pull me in. I'll sell or trade-in my original black copy of Van Lear Rose to keep the gold version.   

...this is far from the worst release the Vault has done.

I've been a Vault member since #6 I think and this is the one I'm least excited about. Previous least favorite was the Wanda Jackson one, or the Willie Nelson one. Those were both lame imho. I think with Vault 24 it's the pin that pushed it over the edge for me : cor ney.

You guys, I got cool stuff!

WG7PgSy.jpg

Went both days in Milwaukee, totally worth waiting in line. I ended up hours before anybody lined up since I had both days off and nothing to do, so I just got coffee and walked around the city all day. The lines got crazy about an hour before they opened each day, upwards of 200 people at one point. The girl and guy running the shop were obviously super nice, and I ended up giving them each a copy of a Butterfly Puke Records release, haha.

All in all, an awesome experience and definitely worth it if they come through your town. They've never been anywhere near me before, so hopefully this happens again!

They're STILL selling split colors of Sea of Cowards?!? So much for there only being 300. They must seriously press like 1000 of something and then say it's limited to 309 or so, because if there were truly only 309 of these, they wouldn't have any left to be selling at this point. But that's cool that you were able to still get one at this point

Yeah, I'm kind of confused about the pressing information on these. It doesn't matter too much to me, but I like to at least know which version of things I have. Do you guys think they just keep pressing them on these limited colors? Or do you think they're sold via the RRS in very limited quantities, and that's why they are still for sale? They had like, 5 of each limited release, so it's possible it's still in the original 300 for Sea Of Cowards.

I didn't collect back in 2010, how were those original copies sold, online?

You guys, I got cool stuff!

WG7PgSy.jpg

Went both days in Milwaukee, totally worth waiting in line. I ended up hours before anybody lined up since I had both days off and nothing to do, so I just got coffee and walked around the city all day. The lines got crazy about an hour before they opened each day, upwards of 200 people at one point. The girl and guy running the shop were obviously super nice, and I ended up giving them each a copy of a Butterfly Puke Records release, haha.

All in all, an awesome experience and definitely worth it if they come through your town. They've never been anywhere near me before, so hopefully this happens again!

That Rome is killer though. Wish I could've got that variant when it came out. One of my favourite albums! Congrats on that one!

I know this is a long shot, but would any boardies in Nashville help me out with a copy of the 10" Elvis special re-issue from RSD? I'd greatly appreciate the assistance! Willing to pay extra to get it, if need be.

Thank you!!

Apparently for whatever reason, at the last minute this is no longer an exclusive to ThirdMan's Record Store. People posting screenshots of emails going out that direct stores to order these for their own shops... MSRP is $20.