mewithoutYou - Ten Stories

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Bigscarymonsters has a new pre-order for Ten Stories.

200x Icy Blue

300x Black

Unfortunately no release date.

http://bsmrocks.awesomedistro.com/products/564638-mewithoutyou-ten-stories-lp-pre-order

Interesting considering those were the colors of the 1st press box set. Now maybe a single LP? Would've been cool to see different colors but that icy blue is nice

• 2 weeks later...

Looking to get Ten Stories definitely now that it's the second of two of theirs I'm missing. The other is It's Alright but am not scrambling to get that one anytime soon. Has some gems but it's not my favourite record of theirs.

I had bad luck with the Ten Stories so this one going up for sale is slightly bitter for me. Ordered the deluxe box to my aunt's place in the states back when I binged on records at a certain point in time.

About a year after I ordered it, she brought a bunch of records along with her over this side of the ocean and I found out that both the box and the shirt along with it had never arrived (she had no idea what record was what so couldn't tell me so either, just brought a bunch with her).

The weird part was that I did get both A to B Life and CFUTF that I ordered at the same time as Ten Stories. Weirdly I was refunded for because they said the ran out but still sent me the vinyl. It kind of evened out though, give or take 10 bucks.

That icy blue will surely be nice but am still considering on whether to hunt down that box I bought but missed out on.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For those curious, complete list of difference between the original and new press packaging:

-Jacket is now lighter weight pocket instead of the heavyweight tip-on gatefold.

-Back cover illustration has been scaled down a little, slightly improving the print quality.

-Illustrations that were inside the gatefold are now on a printed inner sleeve.

-Booklet was originally just a CD booklet, now is slightly larger with the "storybook" art on the front, a couple extra pages, a slightly different arrangement with some font differences etc, and most notably an "Elephant in the Dock" painting that I had not previously seen. This booklet seems like it may be an adaptation of the deluxe edition booklet, but I don't have the deluxe edition so I cannot confirm.

-Vinyl center labels are different.

-Obviously the vinyl color itself is different.

I can upload photos later if people want to see.

Honestly, the slightly nicer booklet is cool, but the jacket is a major disappointment compared to the super high quality original gatefold. Unless you're wanting the color variant, I'd say pass on this pressing if you already have the first.

Hmm. I just went back and forth between pressings a couple of times on my MMF 2.2 and don't think I was hearing a difference. I'm listening to my grey marble right now and I think it's a great sounding pressing. The production of this album has never screamed "clear and lively" to me, but there's still great definition on this pressing and I've never been unsatisfied with it. One of my comparison points was the back half of Grist into East Enders and I had forgotten how great the range sounds.

Again, I'm not using the highest end system, but I'd bet a couple bucks on it being the same master.