Jobs ( What do you do?)

I'm so tired of the place I work that if I type the name of it I become that much closer to putting a fork into my eye.

Seriously, if it was on fire and I had to piss, I would hold my pee just to not have to help them anymore than I already do.

I need a new job.

i feel you mah dude

Former cafe manager at Borders.... oh god i miss my coffee bar. now a college student. classic "i lost my job.... can't find a new one... so i think i'll go back to school" story.

I'm gonna miss my local Borders (South Coast Plaza). They used to play live music and open mics, something Barnes & Noble didn't have besides a noisy Starbucks. B&N had me at free wifi though. Something I needed when my dad forgot to pay for internet that month. So B&N was my place for study sessions away from home.

Borders also had a local music section. I remember being 12 or 13 and discovering local talent at a young age. I almost bought a CD from this artist who reminded me of jimmy hendrix's guitar riffs and vocals mixed with the black keys. Now that I think about it, Borders' music section kind of helped influence me as what I enjoy listening to today and what I know is good music.

Im 23, no degree, with $5-6k in debt. These days I work as a full-time mailroom/file clerk at a steady foreclosure company. My job sucks but it helps pay the bills. 80-90% of my debt should be gone by the end of the year so I can go back to school debt free. I just hope they dont lay me off at work.

Fed ex & I absolutely hate it.

If i may ask a bit advice.

I'm going to try and make this is as concise as possible i've had this job for four years + and i've long transcended my breaking point. I live in a small town so there is little to no jobs i've literally been on the lookout every day for the past 3 months . Our center is one of the worst in the country and that it's a well known fact we're understaffed,we need a center of twice the size & it would eliminate %75 of our problems, lack of equipment,communication,WAY too much favoritism,and frankly two terrible bosses that my HR is also well aware of & the companies situation.

So like any small company with favoritism and all those other awesome qualities i've mentioned they treat their employees like shit. I feel i don't even really owe them a two week notice after all the bullshit i've been put through. i've thought about contacting the HR guy as i'm moving to columbus and would love to transfer but it doesn't seem possible.

I don't want to ruin a very good possible job reference but I guarantee they will want a month & 1/2 notice and they will be assholes regardless.

FedEx Express here. Spent 6 years at the ramp loading/unloading airplanes and sorting freight. First few years were a absolute blast, everyone was friends, we'd all go out and hit grab some brews after work since we got out at like 1am. Then the airport became a joke and I had to get out of there before I snapped so I transfered to the station about a year ago. Now I am a delivery driver. It's not too bad, the best part is when you're on the road you're all alone. Biggest downfall for me of the hours, or lack thereof I should say. Our place is somewhat decent sized, add up all the handlers, day drivers and night drivers, CSA's were somewhere around 100 people.

I work in Manufacturing as a Machine Operator. The job is honestly not to bad, except for the fact that the job does it's best to try and suck the joy out of life. :P For me the problem is a lack of respect. I've had countless run ins with management about my performance. To be fair I do consider myself a narcissist, I, however would argue I am a rational narcissist. Early on I asked my boss what I would have to do to get an Exceeds Requirements Review. He couldn't give me any areas to improve on so I asked him to give me a hypothetical scenario where an employee would be deserving of getting an Exceeds Review. His response was to give the scenario of when one of the Boss' died and an employee was promoted to his position. Which was not only confusing because that was a promotion. This is the same boss that banned me from looking at him in the eyes or face because he found it threatening and intimidating. I've got a new boss and things are better but it's still the same old shit.

The following paragraph is going to be filled with arrogant narcissism. Hopefully its rational objective narcissism. I'm tired of working a job where I do more than co-workers yet get no recognition or compensation for it. I run more pieces of equipment than my coworkers. I am the only one who lifts a finger to help someone out when they are having problems. I end up each year outproducing coworkers by about 8-10% each year. I volunteer to run tough jobs where others try and avoid at any cost.

It's time I get back in school and start working towards moving on to something different. I need a change, but I get to hooked on stability. Currently I have stability, but it is sapping the joy from my daily life. I need to risk stability for something better. Also apologies for the diatribe about my work problems but it's cathartic to just on occasion vent to random strangers.

anyone do insurance? ever since i made a monster account, thats all ive been contacted about. went to a seminar today, and its the second insurance company ive checked out. both times, theyve seemed like very good jobs to make careers out of and make some very good money. im just finding it hard to believe that theres so much availability in one field for good career/good money.

whats your experience? a couple months ago i nearly got into aflac, but failed the license test by a point. now im talking with bankers life.

i have been dealing with strictly auto for the last 6 years. wasn't sure what insurance field you were mentioning. that being said, there is so much potential in the sales/broker side of things. when i mention potential, i mean money. the sales gig isn't my thing or else i'd go that route. $$$$$ i am not too familar with bankers life, with the exception of bankers life fieldhouse. sorry i cant help bud.

no worries. its all life & health.. and bankers is pretty much all medicare, focused on people 55+

the job i have now is sales, and im not very good at it, but thats because i sell a bullshit product that i have no faith it. it just seems like i could do much better when i can actually feel good about it when im asking for someones money.