IVWT Banned?

The following was written by Brian of IVWT and sent to me for posting here. It explains the true circumstances of what has happened this morning. The truth always comes out. Make decisions based on what you know about both parties. In that event, I cannot see anyone backing SRC in this instance. Poor form.

Brian / IVWT here,

Since I cannot post on the board someone let me use their account.

Here's what happened. Around 10:30 AM yesterday I receive an order for three copies of Thursday's "Waiting" which I had gotten a couple weeks ago from revelation distribution (and you can still get).

The order is from:

I realize that this is SRC so I shoot an email to them 5 minutes later asking why they would need these if they can get them wholesale through revelation. I never hear anything back. I decided to check their shop site to see if maybe they were out of it. I then see that they had blocked my IP from seeing the site. I though this was strange but figured I would give them the chance to write back. This morning comes and there is still no reply so I called the SRC number (the one provided in the order was fake and/or not working). My message went something like this: "This is Brian from IVWT we have an order here from you or one of your employees and I was wondering why you wouldn't just get these wholesale through rev or even eyeball direct. I'll send these to you if you want but I want to make sure you aren't fucking around".

About an hour later I notice that I am banned from the board as well.

I'm guessing that they were trying to get my IP so they could block me from their site and subsequently their board?

Oh well haha

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone should post that Portlandia video where they sing about how great things were in the 90's. Why does it matter? I guess I always cared about the scene I existed in and the ethics under which the music I enjoy was sold. That matters to me as much at 35 as it did at 15. SRC has propped up a couple of totally shitty dudes. I am going to predict Brian was applying his code of ethics to this sale and stuck to his guns. There is something unsaid. What i know for a fact is that SRC has rapidly descended into a money whoring bunch that see punk rock in terms of units over the principals of DIY that always have meant a ton to me. That's their right, it's mine to say I won't deal with them in the same way I've boycotted a bunch of other places over the past 20 years of collecting and listening to music. Does this make them evil? Hell no, there are worse things in this world but it hurts their credibility as far as this element of my life is concerned.

this forum is OVER

I am Nick and I had nothing to do with that order, or any of this. My name was on it because I am in the warehouse most mornings. I don't place orders and I don't correspond with people 99% of the time. My name is/was used for incoming orders.

sooooo are you saying that there were no employees interested in copies of the records that were ordered?

I am Nick and I had nothing to do with that order, or any of this. My name was on it because I am in the warehouse most mornings. I don't place orders and I don't correspond with people 99% of the time. My name is/was used for incoming orders.

sucks your boss decided to drag your name through the mud. occupational hazard i reckon.

sooooo are you saying that there were no employees interested in copies of the records that were ordered?

Dammit, how many times can I post the MJ popcorn gif??? haha