MAN ADVICE

My sister just had her gallbladder taken out a few weeks ago. Her's was inflamed pretty bad and had pancreatitis. Some scary stuff. Took it out through her navel.

i think that's where mine is coming out.  i don't have pancreatitis, but i have this pesky ass gallstone that likes to get lodged in a bile duct when i eat pizza sometimes.  the thing causes the most unheard of pain.  i'm psyched to get it out.  then i can eat pizza without anxiety again.  and apparently when i get back to my apartment i'll have some records waiting for me.

i think that's where mine is coming out.  i don't have pancreatitis, but i have this pesky ass gallstone that likes to get lodged in a bile duct when i eat pizza sometimes.  the thing causes the most unheard of pain.  i'm psyched to get it out.  then i can eat pizza without anxiety again.  and apparently when i get back to my apartment i'll have some records waiting for me.

I know this all too well. I went in November 2012 to find out I have gallstones (but lost my health insurance in between then and when I could get scheduled at the surgical center.. talk about luck!). Still have my gallbladder in now due to lack of health insurance. I have attacks 2-3 times a month. Apple Cider Vinegar is my best (most disgusting) friend.

Glad to hear you're getting it out!

Not really seeking out advice but figured I'd throw this out there and see if anyone has any perspective on it.

Everytime I go to the store (to buy soap, it's the only reason I ever go in there.) There's this 1 cashier that I can't tell if she is flirty with me/coming on to me (OK full disclosure I think she is, and she's also the slightly-younger sister of a girl I went to grade-school with, which might make it kinda weird, not because of age difference, its not significant enough, but I don't really talk to her sister or anything, I dunno) or just friendly. I see the was she handles ppl in front of me in line. Then she gets to me and is super cheery and like throwing in extra stuff they don't tell you to say.

For example you're supposed to greet all customers like 'How are you today?' but she goes beyond that with me everytime and is super smiley. It's weird for me cause I'm so stoic. I'm big on personal space so I stand like 4 feet behind the person in front of me and just kinda look around the store. I hate feeling like ppl behind me in line are in my business (some ppl have no sense of personal space.) So I give people ahead of me the same treatment I would like.  I would think this would come off as awkward but I totally own it. So then I go up with my soap everytime and she's like 'heeeeeeey, how's it going? good? that's good... you have a good day mmm'kay :)' And everytime I'm just like 'good thanks, thank you, you too, take care.' There's no way I'm gonna stand in line and flirt esp not w/ people behind me.

I just keep doin me everytime and I'd figure after a while she'd be like 'okay this guy is pretty much non-responsive to my advances, I'm gonna cut it out.' but nope, I think she digs my style or something. It's hilarious cause I'm literally doing nothing other than standing silently with soaps in my hand. So then I was like well, maybe I could write my number on a piece of paper ahead of time and just hand it to her when I leave. like 'here, txt me.' problem with that is I almost never use my phone and if she did txt me I'd prob answer a week late and maybe she'd think I was ignoring her. Guess if I did that I could make a point of turning it on but I don't wanna be waiting up on a txt that might not ever come either.

because of fast times at ridgemont high, everytime i use to make out with someone, this song would secretly play in my head. is that weird?

Nope, that is AWESOME!

So my brother laid a pretty nice nugget of advice the other day, His friend is a doctor and told him to tell me the following:

Go hang out at bars near hospitals, because apparently there are a lot of single 30 something women who are looking to find people to have a relationship with (cause they spent their "dating" years working on their career) and they usually end up at those bars at one point or another,  Like that bar where the docs from scrubs go to, that form of going out is true for doctors. 

I then found a bar in my area that fits this bill, on Monday I go for Trivia Night and see if I can join up with a cute team of Radiologists 

So my brother laid a pretty nice nugget of advice the other day, His friend is a doctor and told him to tell me the following:

Go hang out at bars near hospitals, because apparently there are a lot of single 30 something women who are looking to find people to have a relationship with (cause they spent their "dating" years working on their career) and they usually end up at those bars at one point or another,  Like that bar where the docs from scrubs go to, that form of going out is true for doctors. 

I then found a bar in my area that fits this bill, on Monday I go for Trivia Night and see if I can join up with a cute team of Radiologists

That is genius

This is the best advice I've heard in a long time!  I think I look too much like a dirtball for any respectable hospital gals to want to spend time with me though...

This is the best advice I've heard in a long time!  I think I look too much like a dirtball for any respectable hospital gals to want to spend time with me though...

yep, i suffer from the same.. half shaven long hair tattooed dude hanging out in a tshirt and jeans is probably not attractive to say gals in general (unless you're at fest or chaos in tejas) not to mention i don't drive or have a respectable bed (i really thought i'd move back to portland soon so i never got more than a mattress) so i don't think i'd last too long.. ha!