Rancid Essentials - 7" Box Set from Pirates Press

jipc

Single artist 7" box sets are the most tiresome and unnecessary trend. Especially for things that weren't singles originally. The NOFX box was at least a reissue of individual singles, but things like this, the Dashboard Swiss Army set, the Green Day box, and the upcoming xx 7" set are just a waste of resources for songs that are better suited to a 12" format.

Single artist 7" box sets are the most tiresome and unnecessary trend. Especially for things that weren't singles originally. The NOFX box was at least a reissue of individual singles, but things like this, the Dashboard Swiss Army set, the Green Day box, and the upcoming xx 7" set are just a waste of resources for songs that are better suited to a 12" format.

I can't deal with reading the full description of the different sets. What we know is that for the 2000 boxes there are 92,000 7"s being made. All those side options easily pushes it over 100,000.

This is either a colossal error or a brilliant marketing move to sell a lot of records and keep your pressing plant very busy at the same time.

Can someone try to figure out how many individual 7"s have to be made to cover all of the different ways the're selling this? Is it actually in the 100,000's like my math is telling me or am I confused.

I've got 92,000 and thats just for the box sets, they don't say how many of the black they're pressing...

They couldnt even sell the deluxe box set of Let the Dominoes Fall for 30 bucks at RSD (my store is sitting on five still) and they think they are going to move this? If it was a "best of" they might have some success, but not the whole damn catalog. Hell, make it all the singles at least like the original Green Day set was.

hahaha, oh Rancid, why do you do things to specifically bilk your fans out of money...this is fucking pointless

Something tells me that their fan-base hasn't expanded significantly over the past decade. So to continue making money, they need to continue making over-priced unnecessary products for their fans to buy.

Something tells me that their fan-base hasn't expanded significantly over the past decade. So to continue making money, they need to continue making over-priced unnecessary products for their fans to buy.

Considering that they've sold out every single show they have played the past 15 years and their last record debuted #11 on the billboard 200 and #2 on the independent charts I don't think they are losing a fan base and need the money.