VC - Who are you voting for in the presidential election?

VC - Who are you voting for next month?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for in the upcoming presidential election?

• Barack Obama (Democrat)
    • Mitt Romney (Republican)
    • Gary Johnson (Libertarian)
    • Jill Stein (Green)
    • Virgil Goode (Constitution)
    • Write-In
    • Not Voting

That's why you should get educated. This shit matters. Have student loans, this election will factor into how much you'll have to pay. Plan on going to the doctor any time, again it matters. Being uneducated about it is not an excuse, because you can easily remedy that. Apathy is what's killing this country.

this. you're uneducated? spend an hour or two and just go to www.barackobama.com and www.mittromney.com and read their proposals and plans and vote. you dont need to be a rhodes scholar to vote in an election, it takes an hour or two to be educated enough to make a decision.

not voting because you feel uneducated is just flat out lazy. im sorry if that offends anyone who isnt voting because they dont feel educated enough on the candidates... but you sit on this board, or on ebay, or on another website buying shit when you could take 1/10th of that time and just go read something about the candidates. just flat out lazy.

I wanted Trump. Who knows if he would have done a good job running the country, but I sure as hell would have loved to have seen what would happen. If Arnold could run California (Not saying he did a good or bad job mind you), then why not have a celeb president as well.

I wanted Trump. Who knows if he would have done a good job running the country, but I sure as hell would have loved to have seen what would happen. If Arnold could run California (Not saying he did a good or bad job mind you), then why not have a celeb president as well.

this is retarded.

see: ronald reagan

(I don't think he was trump/arnold famous, but he was an actor back in the day)

and if you want a celeb president, at least go with someone who seems knowledgeable like jon stewart

There's no way that Kentucky will choose Obama, so I'm not going to waste my time going to the polls. I've educated myself on each candidate and watched all of the televised debates so far, so it's not like I don't care about the outcome. It's just that there's no way that I will affect the outcome in my state.

I will preface by saying this was in wal mart in ohio.

I was reading an interview in a magazine the other day in wal mart when I heard one of the large white trash/wigger breed

from my lovely city say these words. "fuck mitt romney he wants ta take our right for free birth control ugh uh I aint votin for him"

People like this are voting. this scares me.

There's no way that Kentucky will choose Obama, so I'm not going to waste my time going to the polls. I've educated myself on each candidate and watched all of the televised debates so far, so it's not like I don't care about the outcome. It's just that there's no way that I will affect the outcome in my state.

I'm totally not judging you, and by all means Kentucky is a STRONG republican state, but I'm generally curious as how many people in your state share that mentality.

Being a Florida resident, I take pride knowing my vote matters and can't wait to cast my ballot.

What about your local elections?

Vote for Pedro.

In all actuality though, I will be voting for Obama. Like any politician, there will never be one that fully encompasses everything I want in a leader, but there will be one that I feels strong about more of the issues I'm concerned with than the other(s). Obama is focused on equal rights for homosexuals (most of my best friends are gay), health insurance (I haven't had it for over a year), and student lending (definitely too broke to pay for education without the help).

With all of that said I will still respect anyone else's political opinion as long as it is a. regarded with the same respect and b. educated.

Vote for Pedro.

In all actuality though, I will be voting for Obama. Like any politician, there will never be one that fully encompasses everything I want in a leader, but there will be one that I feels strong about more of the issues I'm concerned with than the other(s). Obama is focused on equal rights for homosexuals (most of my best friends are gay), health insurance (I haven't had it for over a year), and student lending (definitely too broke to pay for education without the help).

With all of that said I will still respect anyone else's political opinion as long as it is a. regarded with the same respect and b. educated.

don't forget green energy, and the fact that yes, he actually has lowered the unemployment rate.

What about your local elections?

To be honest, I haven't educated myself on any of the local elections, so I won't vote in those either. I don't see myself living here after I graduate so I guess that's my reasoning behind that.

I'm totally not judging you, and by all means Kentucky is a STRONG republican state, but I'm generally curious as how many people in your state share that mentality.

Being a Florida resident, I take pride knowing my vote matters and can't wait to cast my ballot.

It's probably a high number, which is sad. I mean if every person in the state voted, the Republican party would still take the state, but it could be close if the non-voting Democrats were to exercise their right to vote.

I will preface by saying this was in wal mart in ohio.

I was reading an interview in a magazine the other day in wal mart when I heard one of the large white trash/wigger breed

from my lovely city say these words. "fuck mitt romney he wants ta take our right for free birth control ugh uh I aint votin for him"

People like this are voting. this scares me.

what should scare you is the idea of "those people" not having free birth control

In 2000, I, a registered FL voter, voted for Nader. It was stupid. I was of the belief that the only way to boost the Green Party, the party which I agree with most on policy, was to support it. While that may be true, in terms of practicality, an important vote was thrown away and the winner of FL became president and then look what happened.