VC - Who are you voting for in the presidential election?

VC - Who are you voting for next month?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for in the upcoming presidential election?

• Barack Obama (Democrat)
    • Mitt Romney (Republican)
    • Gary Johnson (Libertarian)
    • Jill Stein (Green)
    • Virgil Goode (Constitution)
    • Write-In
    • Not Voting

Although I am in the minority here and disappointed. Did the D's and R's just spend $2 Billion dollars and nothing changed except a few faces and name plates? The D's still have the WH and Senate while the R's still hold the House. Everything is exactly the same as yesterday.

Oh well. I expect nothing but more "unexpected" results for the next 4 years to complete America's lost decade (2006-2016).

Something like 97% of elections are won by the candidate who spends the most money. You have to be a utter and complete Sarah Palin-esc idiot to fail so miserably. Actually this says she outspent 12 to 1.

http://www.huffingto...=elections-2012

Funny thing is Linda McMahon spent $91(!!) million dollars for TWO (!!) failed Senate bids in CT. In the NYC tri-state area we got a ton of Linda McMahon commercials. Thats a whole lotta money spent on losing.

Funny thing is Linda McMahon spent $91(!!) million dollars for TWO (!!) failed Senate bids in CT. In the NYC tri-state area we got a ton of Linda McMahon commercials. Thats a whole lotta money spent on losing.

and didnt Ted Akin outspend his opponent in Missouri and lose last night? I know he lost, thank fucking god, im not 100% that he outspent his opponent, but I am pretty sure he did.

Boehner has already said he wont raise taxes in the house. what a fucking tool

This is gonna be a long post so bare with me.

As a member of the 47% Romney hates because I do not make enough money to pay tax, I'm proud of this country. (Yes I realize having a vinyl collection while not making enough to pay tax is ridiculous, but they don't tax interest I make on investments, that pays for my collection, which Obama wants to change and I support). As someone who also cannot afford healthcare and has to stay on his parents for the next few years, I'm also proud. As a person that thinks everyone should be equal regardless of gender, race, or sexual preference, I think we made the right decision. As a man dating a woman, I'm all for women's reproductive rights being out of the hands of their employers. As an immigrant I'm happy that self deportation is no longer an issue. As a student I don't believe I should be drowning in debt so that I can have a education and level the playing field. I'm very proud of the way this country voted last night, and I know the rest of the world is with us rather than laughing at us for it. This election meant a lot to me because of the personal impact of the topics, so thank you to everyone that voted Obama, I owe you one.

Although I am in the minority here and disappointed. Did the D's and R's just spend $2 Billion dollars and nothing changed except a few faces and name plates? The D's still have the WH and Senate while the R's still hold the House. Everything is exactly the same as yesterday.

Oh well. I expect nothing but more "unexpected" results for the next 4 years to complete America's lost decade (2006-2016).

"America's lost decade"? Is that some Fox News documentary?

As a student I don't believe I should be drowning in debt so that I can have a education and level the playing field.

This fucking kills me inside.

If you don't want to be drowning in debt there is one simple solution: don't take out a loan.

The institution of loans dates back further than currency. Someone gives you something and you pay them back plus interest. Rates on student loans are already low. There are also many options if you wish to not take out college loans. You can work while in school, attend community college for two years and finish your degree at a four year university, scholarships, have guardians save money when you are born to pay for college 18 years down the road, become a resident adviser and not pay for housing, share textbooks.

If you want your debts to be absolved seek Jesus not the president.

This fucking kills me inside.

If you don't want to be drowning in debt there is one simple solution: don't take out a loan.

The institution of loans dates back further than currency. Someone gives you something and you pay them back plus interest. Rates on student loans are already low. There are also many options if you wish to not take out college loans. You can work while in school, attend community college for two years and finish your degree at a four year university, scholarships, have guardians save money when you are born to pay for college 18 years down the road, become a resident adviser and not pay for housing, share textbooks.

If you want your debts to be absolved seek Jesus not the president.

I'm not asking them to be absolved just to not be raked of the coals with interest rates. My undergrad I paid my self but when I got to grad school I could no longer afford to. For most grad school is unnecessary but in psychology which is my field I have no choice but to go to grad school.

I'm not asking them to be absolved just to not be raked of the coals with interest rates. My undergrad I paid my self but when I got to grad school I could no longer afford to. For most grad school is unnecessary but in psychology which is my field I have no choice but to go to grad school.

did you look into grad assistanceships?

You aren't being raked over coals. Student loan rates are typically lower than other forms of loans.

Once again you don't have to go to grad school. That is your choice no one is making you.

You aren't being raked over coals. Student loan rates are typically lower than other forms of loans.

Once again you don't have to go to grad school. That is your choice no one is making you.

True but there are no jobs in psychology with out a master, I know I didn't have to be in psych but its what I wanna do. And yeah rates are low but Obama stopped them from going way up, and Romney was gonna repeal that.

Yes but because of the tax bracket my parents are in $250k+ I get nothing

Fucking white people.

Get into a program where they pay for your tuition and give you a stipend. Sure that is difficult, but it is an option and if you are that desperate you can put in the hours to get the grades needed to get into those programs.

Fucking white people.

Get into a program where they pay for your tuition and give you a stipend. Sure that is difficult, but it is an option and if you are that desperate you can put in the hours to get the grades needed to get into those programs.

That's what I working towards doing now...