Fall Out Boy - From Under the Cork Tree 2xLP Hot Topic exclusive

travis

I had gone to the Hot Topic in Buford, GA after seeing it on the list of East Coast stores that had gotten it shipped in, and when I got there, the girl working there said they hadn't gotten any in, but that they were supposed to get some today and that she'd hold a copy for me. Low and behold, two hours later someone here commented that they had picked up the last copy from the same store that day. That was on Saturday.

Today, I called them to make sure they had a copy for me, and they didn't. The dude on the phone said that as soon as they put them (all of them, apparently, ignoring my hold request) on the shelves, they immediately had a bunch of people buying three or four copies at a time, and sold out within minutes. Fucking flippers.

Sob story aside, I ended up ordering online just after I got off of work today. Order went through, so all I'm waiting on is a shipping confirmation.

tl;dr - I got boned out of my in-store copy, but the online store is pretty cool.

I had gone to the Hot Topic in Buford, GA after seeing it on the list of East Coast stores that had gotten it shipped in, and when I got there, the girl working there said they hadn't gotten any in, but that they were supposed to get some today and that she'd hold a copy for me. Low and behold, two hours later someone here commented that they had picked up the last copy from the same store that day. That was on Saturday.

Today, I called them to make sure they had a copy for me, and they didn't. The dude on the phone said that as soon as they put them (all of them, apparently, ignoring my hold request) on the shelves, they immediately had a bunch of people buying three or four copies at a time, and sold out within minutes. Fucking flippers.

Sob story aside, I ended up ordering online just after I got off of work today. Order went through, so all I'm waiting on is a shipping confirmation.

tl;dr - I got boned out of my in-store copy, but the online store is pretty cool.

I feel your pain man, I got behind some bitch the other day that cleaned out the vinyl section in my Hot Topic, she bought 900 dollars worth of vinyl....fucking ridiculous...

I feel your pain man, I got behind some bitch the other day that cleaned out the vinyl section in my Hot Topic, she bought 900 dollars worth of vinyl....fucking ridiculous...

What the fuck! did you say anything to her? I would have had a hard time keeping my mouth shut there seeing that happen ha

What the fuck! did you say anything to her? I would have had a hard time keeping my mouth shut there seeing that happen ha

I was going to, but she asked them to hang onto her records while she went to some other store...The cashier looked pretty blown away about it and I think I told her that people are so fucking rude...the terrible thing is she left all the good records...Hostage Calm, Daytrader, Pianos Become The Teeth....but I have all of those already...It was a real bummer

Luckily I got up early this morning and snagged a copy of FUTCT....so I guess it all worked out...

I would be very surprised if a repress did not occur considering this selling out and the madrush to get them from stores. Till then all the flippers get to add the word rare to their listings and make everything 20-40 dollars more expensive to those who were unaware of its release. Regardless its pretty cool this came out and just about everyone here who wanted one got a copy. 

sold out already?! this is bullshit! travis what color is the repress going to be on? and is it going to be the same master? will there be handwritten liner notes?