Finch - What It Is To Burn 2xLP Hot Topic exclusives

travis

I picked it up today. The pixeling isn't horrible, but still should've been fixed before being printed. As a plus side, the color of the vinyl is very cool, the actual vinyl feels pretty thick with a good weight, don't have a scale but I can't measure but it seems to pass the eyeball test, and the jacket seems pretty sturdy too. Could be a lot worse, folks.

Got mine in today, eh the cover looks alright. Sure, it looks like crap but at least I got LP1 and LP2.

But I can't help but wonder, so far how many problems arose from this?

Jacket-Pixelated

Center Labels- Misprinted (What Is It to Burn?)

LPs-Some people got double LP1 or 2

Epic fail.

The potential of this really bums me out the more I think about it. Apart from the pixilated cover and the label fuck up, I'm really not complaining. Yeah the audio is a notch down in quality but its not war all the time, and tho the records feel flimsy, it weighed out pretty ok.

Im In love with the turquoise color and probably my favorite marble I've ever seen.

the gatefold is really nice along with the insert.

It's obvious at one point someone showed it love yet we got this. Poor red headed step child

I am posting this here and in the Finch thread, so...

The die-cut sleeves are designed and the first one is cut. This is what they look like.

5FJ5h3F.jpg

A few things. Due to paper size, these will not slide over the jacket completely. I hate it, but that's how it works - instead they are fold over. These are on super HQ paper, and the largest size it comes in is 25 1/4" and I didn't want to sacrifice the paper quality for a slide over cover. I hate slide covers anyway cause it is a pain to get to my records.

I will be making them no matter if there are two, or 200. 

I will take requests from now until next Friday at 5 p.m. EST. No exceptions. Sorry.

They will be $16 ppd (or $15 as a gift). I am going to be making about $4 / hr. doing these. Maybe - if I'm lucky. I do this because I love it and thinks it looks super awesome, and if you like it as much as I do, this is a relatively cheap way to get something from me laser cut.

They will be machine numbered in the left hand bottom corner on the back, fairly small (not in the above picture). Numbers will be random. Someone will get #1. I will get the last number, whatever it might be.

You can buy 1 or 100. I don't care. You can even sell it on eBay. I just want people to enjoy these. But if you buy two, it will be $30 - not like $28 to save postage. $15 per copy. Per person.

So -

- PM me if you want one. Include your Paypal e-mail and I will send you an invoice. 

- If you want to save a $1 and send as a gift, let me know that, and we can work something else out.

- International peeps, I will give you a new price, but I'm guessing like $30? That stinks, but USPS stinks. Canada I will price out separately too.

I will post pictures of it with the real record this weekend or early next week, if you really want to see it.

I hope to have them all completed in two-three weeks, but might even be next Friday. I will ship them as I finish them.

Any questions, PM me.

Thanks.

UPDATED FAQ: 

The spine seems a little thick?

I have to test it with the jacket, but it won't be unnecessarily thick on the final version. I was worried about the two pieces of teal - so for this test I made it a little thicker just to be safe.

I have to test it with the jacket, but it won't be unnecessarily thick on the final version. I was worried about the two pieces of teal - so for this test I made it a little thicker just to be safe.

The logo seems a little jagged around the top curve of the 'f'?

Yes - the way this was done for the test you see above, was a quick run through on the laser. The actual sleeve will be much smoother, and less jagged.

The die-cut sleeves are designed and the first one is cut. This is what they look like.

5FJ5h3F.jpg

A few things. Due to paper size, these will not slide over the jacket completely. I hate it, but that's how it works - instead they are fold over. These are on super HQ paper, and the largest size it comes in is 25 1/4" and I didn't want to sacrifice the paper quality for a slide over cover. I hate slide covers anyway cause it is a pain to get to my records.

I will take requests from now until next Friday at 5 p.m. EST. No exceptions. Sorry.

They will be $16 ppd (or $15 as a gift). I am going to be making about $4 / hr. doing these. Maybe - if I'm lucky. I do this because I love it and thinks it looks super awesome, and if you like it as much as I do, this is a relatively cheap way to get something from me laser cut.

They will be machine numbered in the left hand bottom corner on the back, fairly small (not in the above picture). Numbers will be random. Someone will get #1. I will get the last number, whatever it might be.

You can buy 1 or 100. I don't care. You can even sell it on eBay. I just want people to enjoy these. But if you buy two, it will be $30 - not like $28 to save postage. $15 per copy. Per person.

So -

- PM me if you want one. Include your Paypal e-mail and I will send you an invoice.

- If you want to save a $1 and send as a gift, let me know that, and we can work something else out.

- International peeps, I will give you a new price, but I'm guessing like $30? That stinks, but USPS stinks. Canada I will price out separately too.

I will post pictures of it with the real record this weekend or early next week, if you really want to see it.

I hope to have them all completed in two-three weeks, but might even be next Friday. I will ship them as I finish them.

Any questions, PM me.

Thanks.

The tail of it seems a little thick.

By no means am I critiquing your work - since it's far more accurate and crisper than I could do, I'm sure - but at a glance it's the "jagged" curves of the logo that are catching my eye and dinging a few points from the overall presentation.  If you could find a way to round them out a bit, I think you'd be golden.

By no means am I critiquing your work - since it's far more accurate and crisper than I could do, I'm sure - but at a glance it's the "jagged" curves of the logo that are catching my eye and dinging a few points from the overall presentation.  If you could find a way to round them out a bit, I think you'd be golden.

Haha! No, I like the critique! The jaggedness will be ironed out also.

5FJ5h3F.jpg

So -

- International peeps, I will give you a new price, but I'm guessing like $30? That stinks, but USPS stinks. Canada I will price out separately too.

Any questions, PM me.

Thanks.

UPDATED FAQ: 

The logo seems a little jagged around the top curve of the 'f'?

Yes - the way this was done for the test you see above, was a quick run through on the laser. The actual sleeve will be much smoother, and less jagged.

I will be updating this main post with FAQ if you fine people need it. I know people's money is at stake here, but know I take great pride in what I do and want this to be the best. All your suggestions and criticisms are great. Especially small things like spines and logo crispness - I won't change the design but small things like that can be fixed.

Vinyl Collective-What it is to Whine

Unsure if this was mostly in jest or a jab at everyone.  I took no offense to it either way, but I think that most people can agree that this was probably the mostly poorly handled Hot Topic repress to date.  The kicker is that it was so far on the horizon, and even had a few bumps back in production.  You'd think they were refining a quality product, while crossing all their Ts and dotting the Is.  But the end result (in my opinion) looks a little rushed.  If this were a single typo on the label, or a track order that was out of proper arrangement, I think we could shrug it off.  But I'd say there are enough flaws with this repress to warrant whining from anyone who bought one.