PO: Src subscription series

ah so it's just the base price listed - thank you!

regardless i wouldn't be getting this since the only one i'd want is copeland

I'm curious if anyone on the boards has grabbed it, at least someone who isn't already counting their flipped profits. Pretty wide variety of releases for a single person to be willing to pounce on. 

I'm curious if anyone on the boards has grabbed it, at least someone who isn't already counting their flipped profits. Pretty wide variety of releases for a single person to be willing to pounce on. 

I don't think you can order them yet

Also does anyone else see the new product pages for the mini subscriptions? Looks like they are breaking up the package into a "1995" sub and a "punk" sub

Damn, it's really expensive to be punk. $45 a record. I'm hoping that $179.99 for 4 albums is a mistake.

It is. Scroll down to the bottom:

"

Pricing Details:

Here are the pricing details for SRC Vinyl Subscription - 2013 Series #1

Saosin "Saosin" LP - $21.99 MSRP

Copeland "Eat, Sleep, Repeat" LP - $21.99 MSRP

Sum 41 "Does This Look Infected" LP - $21.99 MSRP

Alkaline Trio "Agony and Irony" Deluxe Edition 2XLP - $27.99 MSRP

Total Cost: $93.99 (ish)

Membership Fee*: $15

Total Cost: $108.99

"

with this new breakdown that was posted, it's not that far off from their recent retail pricing on reissues, which in my opinion was the bigger "problem" for the average listener in the first place.

Especially on these boards, a lot of people seem to be okay with $20.99 - $22.99 pricing for a single LP without any bells or whistles (a lot of SRC / hot topic stuff lately) but since most of these are major label reissues, the margin you have to work with isn't very flexible, and these people have to make some money right?

So while I agree at first glance it looks like total bullshit, but if you actually think in your head what this shit costs its not insane. I guess you can then argue that it shouldn't be done at all...but do you want these records or not? (I don't) 

I can understand the labels need to make money on their releases, but $20-$30 for a single LP is crazy. Especially after No Idea just released a 3xLP for $25 (fest edition) and now have the same 3xLP for $20. When you compare the items and what you're getting for the price it's pretty unreasonable to ask so much for a single album.

I can understand the labels need to make money on their releases, but $20-$30 for a single LP is crazy. Especially after No Idea just released a 3xLP for $25 (fest edition) and now have the same 3xLP for $20. When you compare the items and what you're getting for the price it's pretty unreasonable to ask so much for a single album.

Sure, but the fact remains that a major label's royalty requirements are non-negotiable as far as I know. None of us can really make a comparison on two records without knowing the full story I suppose. 

Sure, but the fact remains that a major label's royalty requirements are non-negotiable as far as I know. None of us can really make a comparison on two records without knowing the full story I suppose. 

They aren't 100% comparable, but think about No Idea, they have to pay for all the production and marketing for each release. That kind of takes the place of the licensing fee.

AlexH., on 25 October 2012 - 02:25 PM, said:

I have no problem with SRC's "label", in fact I wish them the same amount of success as the two previous labels that ran this board.

SRC sympathizers are just as bad as VC and AFS/MTS sympathizers. They all started from very humble beginnings, saw a little success with their core competency and then over expanded to a point where they were out a shit ton of money and ended up pissing off a lot of bands and fans.

I bought it like 6 months ago for $15 bucks on ebay. 

Original looks and sounds great, gatefold 180g black with inner sleeve. 

The original sounds atrocious. It stands out to me as one of the worst sounding records in recent memory.

(Spare me the jokes about this referring to the music, although you're right).

I can accept that major label licensed albums are going to be $20-$25. I'll spend that for albums I like that haven't previously been pressed. I'm just not into the extra $9 - $10 per album for these particular perks. I think it's obvious that these will be available separately for "regular" prices. Overpriced or not, that's hardly a new development for people to be losing their minds over.

if you dont like it - then vote with your wallet and choose not to buy it. unfortunately, this is what we get when people are willing to spend (almost) any amount for reissues and major label licensed releases.

the sad thing is that between me and my lady, we wouldnt mind owning 5 out of the 7 releases - but at these price(s) theres no way i would order this. ironically, this subscription seems to work opposite of most. usually, theyre intended to give you a better deal by committing to buy everything. this one actually charges you a premium for it. lol.

if you dont like it - then vote with your wallet and choose not to buy it. unfortunately, this is what we get when people are willing to spend (almost) any amount for reissues and major label licensed releases.

the sad thing is that between me and my lady, we wouldnt mind owning 5 out of the 7 releases - but at these price(s) theres no way i would order this. ironically, this subscription seems to work opposite of most. usually, theyre intended to give you a better deal by committing to buy everything. this one actually charges you a premium for it. lol.

Exactly.  Plus, they tack on a $15 "membership fee" for reasons they don't specify and to me that fee is what's making the price of this whole thing unreasonable.  Also, I think the least desirable (and most expensive) record out of the bunch is that re-release of the Alkaline Trio album.  Is there really a demand for that album??