PO: Src subscription series

THIS. I sincerely hope the whole pressing isn't the subscription /250. I'm still pissed beneath medicine tree was /200 total.

Beneath Medicine tree wasn't out of /200 total. It was broken down like this

1st press:

100 180g black

200 coke bottle clear

200 coke bottle w/splatter

2nd press:

200 - Seaweed swirl

300 - White tour press

From SRC facebook:

If you missed our srcvinyl newsletter we have also just launched our 2013 vinyl subscription! They are running low and are limited to 250 memberships so don't miss out!

I find that statement very hard to believe.

----------------------------

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

First band I ever went to see with my (now) wife, plus I have every other variant of all their records. They are only one of three bands I'd variant collect. Probably dumb, just a lot of sentiment attached to this record and we would sit up a lot of nights as newlyweds talking with Eat Sleep Repeat on repeat in the background.

Don't take it personally, but this mentality is what lets labels take advantage of fans by means of excessive variants.

Variant collecting started with early punk/hardcore labels doing a few copies on colored vinyl for friends, repressing on a different color when a record went out of print, doing record release covers because the regular covers weren't ready for the show, etc. This was done for fun. Now, first pressings are at least 3 colors, release show variants are sold online as part of a bundle because collectors can't go to the show and it's not fair that they miss out, and bullshit like this happens. Fans have accepted this for some reason, even though "collecting" has become "add 4 copies to cart as fast as possible" rather than "get plugged into the scene, find people to trade with, cross your fingers when you buy via mailorder" and it is just plain not fun. That being said, labels (including SRC's "label") are equally to blame for perpetuating it. It is straight up exploitive to add $10+ to the cost of a record for the promise of a limited variant and some obi strip bullshit.

I'd almost consider the 1995 package, since it contains possibly the single most important album in my entire life (Hum) and another album that I'd really love to have (Quicksand), but I could give a fuck about the Silverchair record which is the most expensive of the three, and I could definitely give a fuck about giving SRC an EXTRA $15.

Subscriptions are supposed to come at a discount, you dumb shits, not a premium.

I'll just buy Astronaut and Manic Compression when they're available regular-style.

I'd almost consider the 1995 package, since it contains possibly the single most important album in my entire life (Hum) and another album that I'd really love to have (Quicksand), but I could give a fuck about the Silverchair record which is the most expensive of the three, and I could definitely give a fuck about giving SRC an EXTRA $15.

Subscriptions are supposed to come at a discount, you dumb shits, not a premium.

I'll just buy Astronaut and Manic Compression when they're available regular-style.

LOL. I knew there was something distinct about this situation that I didn't like and you articulated it perfectly.

subscription series for represses, crazy shit. I wish SRC would start releasing decent represses, no offense to the people into quicksand and HUM, just not my thing. Let's get into some of the pop punk and punk that has never been pressed or only got a limited repress. What the fuck ever happened to the bigwig repress virgil was going to go. That should be an easy one to pick up and get done.

Seriously, for as much of a jerk virgil ended up being, when vinyl collective was rocking and he was on his game, that place ruled. He was bringing in cool imports, saving us from the hassle of group buys, doing somewhat cool shit and I was buying so many records. Obviously that went downhill, but man, someone needs to fill those shoes. Wish I could win the lottery because I would be all over it.

subscription series for represses, crazy shit. I wish SRC would start releasing decent represses, no offense to the people into quicksand and HUM, just not my thing. Let's get into some of the pop punk and punk that has never been pressed or only got a limited repress. What the fuck ever happened to the bigwig repress virgil was going to go. That should be an easy one to pick up and get done.

Seriously, for as much of a jerk virgil ended up being, when vinyl collective was rocking and he was on his game, that place ruled. He was bringing in cool imports, saving us from the hassle of group buys, doing somewhat cool shit and I was buying so many records. Obviously that went downhill, but man, someone needs to fill those shoes. Wish I could win the lottery because I would be all over it.

Nobody is saying you have to buy it and they get pop punk and punk releases all the time that were limited to begin with or never pressed. Not sure if you care but they are doing the 2nd Sum 41 album soon. They also are doing IDOTG by Say Anything. They have done a lot of others. This subscription series is nothing special but SRC does do decent represses in almost ever genre.