Does anybody else ever think about how it won't be long before the last American who can distinctly remember a time before humans had the capability to nuke everybody on the planet will die? Do you think that the knowledge that, for the first time in mankind's entire history, we have the power to effectively end it, does something to the human psyche?

Does anybody else ever think about how it won't be long before the last American who can distinctly remember a time before humans had the capability to nuke everybody on the planet will die? Do you think that the knowledge that, for the first time in mankind's entire history, we have the power to effectively end it, does something to the human psyche?

I came here to post my random thought of the night but I'm just so mind blown by this. I've been trying to think of response for some time now and I got nothing. =/

I know right?

And does anybody else ever think about how coca cola is one of the greatest empires humanity has ever known? Or what about if the McDonald's corporation declared itself sovereign, and had their restaurants legally designated as embassies that are continuing their benevolent economic trade with the areas where they exist. They'd have one of the world's largest economies. Does anybody else ever think about how American business interests like GE and Apple ultimately have the safety of their offshore assets assured by the US military, an all-volunteer force made up largely of the middle, working, and poorest classes of people, yet there's still a significant number of those same people that applaud their efforts to avoid paying taxes for what amounts to the greatest security from physical threats in the world?

It's funny that this topic was brought up, because I was on my lunch break earlier and I checked my facebook/twitter/instagram, etc, and I realize that a very high majority of the people I know / follow just don't work or contribute to society in any way.  So at first I think; show me your ways, but then it really starts to bug me how people are just okay relying on others (significant others, family members, sugadaddies) for financial support while they just go ahead and spend 40 hours a week as crossfit or in today's case, on the beach.

I just don't get it.

You forgot one huge thing that people are completely content relying on for money, the government. While many people who actually need it, benefit from social welfare programs, there are a lot of people completely content with collecting a welfare check and living off of it. Hell, not only content, but proud, and they flaunt it. Sickens me, but it's not going to change, so it's whatever I guess.

Didn't realize I had so much stuff I wanted to reply to on this page, sorry for the back to back posts haha but lots of cool things happening, happy for you guys!

Baby due in 3 weeks.

Can't sleep. So excited.

Wife is huge. But a cute huge

Being adopted and having someone share my blood with makes me giddy.

After she is born. Gonna shake my dads hand for the first time. And probably melt on his shoulder with tears.

Tl;dr

There are no words to describe how awesome this is, congrats man!

I'm playing music in one of my best friend's wedding tomorrow and leaving for tour with my band in a week.

So stoked for things.

I'm sure you've done it a million times but link me your bands webpage, or somewhere I can hear your music!

Too long, didn't read.

It's a way for people to pretend they're being witty by dismissing a post they aren't clever or smart enough to respond to by (usually pretending) they didn't even have the time or energy to read it.

Or, it's used at the end of a long post to provide a summary, which makes me wonder why they didn't just cut it all down and give the summary to begin with. But what do I know? Everything I write on this board is fucking golden.

I know right?

And does anybody else ever think about how coca cola is one of the greatest empires humanity has ever known? Or what about if the McDonald's corporation declared itself sovereign, and had their restaurants legally designated as embassies that are continuing their benevolent economic trade with the areas where they exist. They'd have one of the world's largest economies. Does anybody else ever think about how American business interests like GE and Apple ultimately have the safety of their offshore assets assured by the US military, an all-volunteer force made up largely of the middle, working, and poorest classes of people, yet there's still a significant number of those same people that applaud their efforts to avoid paying taxes for what amounts to the greatest security from physical threats in the world?

funny-cat-god-bless-you-human.jpg

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic