I just ate a whole sleeve of chips ahoy.

That sounds...awful, if I'm being honest. It's Always Sunny came to mind with that, oddly.

Any new music that should be added to the post-rock education? I've spent quite a bit of time on the 15 essentials you recommended, and liked what I heard. Key was fantastic, so if you have more in that vein, that'd be stellar.

That sounds...awful, if I'm being honest. It's Always Sunny came to mind with that, oddly.

Any new music that should be added to the post-rock education? I've spent quite a bit of time on the 15 essentials you recommended, and liked what I heard. Key was fantastic, so if you have more in that vein, that'd be stellar.

I hope you'd pick up on the reference.

Oh, man. I'm going to make a post rock playlist just for you along the same lines of that album. Speaking of Key, it just got a repress. I would suggest grabbing it. It's a black with white splatter and looks gorgeous.

I hope you'd pick up on the reference.

Oh, man. I'm going to make a post rock playlist just for you along the same lines of that album. Speaking of Key, it just got a repress. I would suggest grabbing it. It's a black with white splatter and looks gorgeous.

Queueing up 'My Hero' whenever that playlist happens

Pelagic seem to have a lot of really beautiful pressings, so I'm not surprised that Key is so damn pretty. Maybe I'll grab it once my cash flow is a little less embarrassing.

Queueing up 'My Hero' whenever that playlist happens

Pelagic seem to have a lot of really beautiful pressings, so I'm not surprised that Key is so damn pretty. Maybe I'll grab it once my cash flow is a little less embarrassing.

I'll make that the first song to start off the playlist.

Palegic always does an outstanding job. The splatter is /250 but they have black, too.

Some resumes want three non family references but who would be okay? I have no work history so it isn't like I can reference a past boss or something and I doubt they'd want my friends.

Oh, man, I remember posting a reallyyyyyyy long post about job hunting and what a good résumé should entail. I'll see if I can dig it up. As far as references, do you have any friends that have parents that can vouche for you? Ever do any charity work? Stuff like that'll work if you don't have any work experience yet. Shit, even teachers work really well if they can vouche for your character and work ethic. Just make sure you inform them. That should do the trick.

Some resumes want three non family references but who would be okay? I have no work history so it isn't like I can reference a past boss or something and I doubt they'd want my friends.

I should really put my resume together. As far as references go I'd say any teachers you know well enough to vouch for you would be good, also if you do any extra curricular stuff then maybe those leaders/teachers would be good too, like I do 4-H so I could probably easily get 3 references from people I know from doing that.

Morning guys. Just got to work as well... can't wait for this week to be over. My best friend is coming home tonight, so will be hanging with him all weekend until he flies back out on Tuesday. Thankfully I have Monday off too.

Oh, man, I remember posting a reallyyyyyyy long post about job hunting and what a good résumé should entail. I'll see if I can dig it up. As far as references, do you have any friends that have parents that can vouche for you? Ever do any charity work? Stuff like that'll work if you don't have any work experience yet. Shit, even teachers work really well if they can vouche for your character and work ethic. Just make sure you inform them. That should do the trick.

I dunno, I think that I am going to spend this weekend putting one together and trying to figure out where I am going to submit it to so I have employment when I get out for the summer. I could probably have a few friend's parents down if I needed to since they all like straight edge Rez, and I've been coming in after school and studying with my AP World teacher to raise my grade in there so he could probably speak on my work ethic I guess. I think for the third one I may have my uncle say he's a family friend or something or go bother my neighbor who I dogsit for sometimes. I dunno, I still have no clue where I will apply to. They're opening a new Zia and as nice as it sounds to work in a music store the other locations are run so frustratingly stupid that I might lose my mind. Guitar Center could be fun but I doubt they'll be around another year. I haven't done a ton of charity stuff outside running the projectors at my church on the weekends at the 11AM service (but that's just so I can sit in the back and listen to music/play on my phone because fuck going to church but nobody knows that haha) so I bet I could get the woman who organizes that to be a reference too. If you find that old post please link me.

I should really put my resume together. As far as references go I'd say any teachers you know well enough to vouch for you would be good, also if you do any extra curricular stuff then maybe those leaders/teachers would be good too, like I do 4-H so I could probably easily get 3 references from people I know from doing that.

I don't really do any extra curricular stuff. I think I figured out what I will put down though

I can do this. Free food for bodyslamming someone? Duh.

I'm glad you saw it, and of course a DDT for a $25 meal is doable...

Takes me back to the days of trying out wrestling moves on my little brother. 

A good friend of mine used to pound on his little brother all the time, now his little brother is making $300 an hour training MMA fighters in Vegas after spending a few years in Thailand as a fighter himself. He pretty much credits those childhood asswhippings for his urge to learn to fight lol

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic