http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Gun-Club-Mother-Juno-1987-Red-Rhino-Records-UK-Import-1ST-PRESS-VERY-RARE-/112093128229?nma=true&si=ufxoY%252BzbKr5Uf7cWag%252F%252FDF0%252Fujo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

YESSSS!

Dunno if you guys know I'm a big Gun Club fan, and to score an import WLP of "Mother Juno" for under $20 shipped is a deal. Now I just need Pastoral Hide & Seek and I'll own all the studio albums, might just have to pull the trigger on the bang reissue if I can't get a good deal on an OG

4 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Nice, seems like a good deal for an import (I know nothing of the band).

Today part of my neighborhood shuts down, and tons of local bands play on people's porches all day. There is music, food, art, etc. I'm not sure if I'm feeling motivated to go though. 

Punk blues band out of LA they put out 6 albums plus EPs, "Fire Of Love" was a big influence on the Pixies and Jack White in particular. The average price is $20-60 probably towards the high end in it's condition. I have 5/6 studio albums now, I'm going to be really wanting to pick up that last one but it looks like it's going to be in the $30 range after looking at discogs and ebay and I should probably wait for a deal like this one

58 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Broke down and bought one of the Jade Tree 5 for $10 mystery bundles. Hopefully I'll get something cool.

Good luck I feel the deal is good enough you could probably trade all the records in at your local and get at least $20-25 trade if not more. Mine got to Denver today I think it will be here Monday and ill post here what I get

58 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Broke down and bought one of the Jade Tree 5 for $10 mystery bundles. Hopefully I'll get something cool.

Good luck I feel the deal is good enough you could probably trade all the records in at your local and get at least $20-25 trade if not more. Mine got to Denver today I think it will be here Monday and ill post here what I get

1 hour ago, Thomas³ said:

I hate getting older. I text a bunch of people for a fire tonight, and I got zero responses. It's certainly not helping the shitty depressed mood I've been in lately. I need a change, I can't continue like this forever.

Friends are overrated! I can never get myself motivated to see anyone/have anyone over.

31 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Friends are overrated! I can never get myself motivated to see anyone/have anyone over.

I wish I felt the same. I'm sick of being alone all the damn time and just sitting at home. Though I guess I consider most people acquaintances more than true friends anymore. My only few true friends have all moved away. Such is life I guess. I'm sure one day things will improve, because I've certainly been trying to change.

It's pouring out now, so I guess the bright side is it's a terrible night for a fire. Still feel like shit though, can't even bring myself to listen to records. I've been staring at the damn ceiling for hours lost in thought.

Edit: You HM repress show up John? Also you spin that ITTCT yet? How's it sound?

Edited by Thomas³

54 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I wish I felt the same. I'm sick of being alone all the damn time and just sitting at home. Though I guess I consider most people acquaintances more than true friends anymore. My only few true friends have all moved away. Such is life I guess. I'm sure one day things will improve, because I've certainly been trying to change.

It's pouring out now, so I guess the bright side is it's a terrible night for a fire. Still feel like shit though, can't even bring myself to listen to records. I've been staring at the damn ceiling for hours lost in thought.

Edit: You HM repress show up John? Also you spin that ITTCT yet? How's it sound?

HM did! I haven't gotten a chance to get at ITTCT yet, I need to have time to really sit down with their stuff. :)

9 hours ago, parkinglot said:

I'm on youtube clicking through "my record collection" videos, and I have yet to see one where they don't have a crosley.  this is the funniest shit ever.  they also usually have a comment that says "yeah, i would recommend a crosley, mine is great!"

"Here is my record collection".

Pulls out 20 indie records.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic