I think VU was highly influential even if I'm not a huge fan. Perhaps one of the other most influential acts, but seriously it all stems from the success of the Beatles and the British invasion, it shaped rock as we know it and I stick behind the concept of the rock album being cemented by them. I'm not trying to make you like them more than other artists, but their importance can't be understated

I understand your point and I'm not trying to falsify it, but I don't necessarily agree with it. There's people saying rock'n'roll died in 1962 and people arguing music altogether got irrelevant in the 1940's. In 15 years of obsession with music I've learned that music I thoroughly enjoy and find meaning and relevance in started somewhere in the mid to late 70's. Of course you can argue that all of these can be traced back to the Beatles, but why stop there? Why not look further beyond and see who influenced the Beatles' influences? 

I respect their influence on modern pop-music and see how a LOT of bands and artists can directly be traced back to them, but it's not like they invented music altogether ;)

Jared and I have shared one for months. I think he blocked you.

Interesting. I suppose if I had to pick a channel to be blocked in, I'd pick VC. So long as he keeps those Instagram likes coming my way, we cool. Or maybe he doesn't realize my Instagram and VC are the same person! Jinkies!

cause although influential, it was mostly covers and sound alikes before rubber soul. Even Elvis didn't have the impact, I concede that you may have different tastes. I just feel like after years in record stores, I've again and again heard how people think the Beatles suck, and it just kind of upsets me cause most either haven't listened to an album and judge based on singles (not saying you fall into this category), but just their impact alone should merit respect. There is plenty of music I don't enjoy, but I don't knock it cause it was so important in music

Interesting. I suppose if I had to pick a channel to be blocked in, I'd pick VC. So long as he keeps those Instagram likes coming my way, we cool. Or maybe he doesn't realize my Instagram and VC are the same person! Jinkies!

well wait right there. he hasnt like any of my IG images in quite some time.

im not liking this.

I just realized I have not gotten my replacement Caspian record from Mylene. I'm sure they are swamped with orders, but it's been over 2 weeks. I wonder how long I should wait before sending another email?

Just Joel and Lindsay run it. Give it time. They have a lot to do, but you'll get it in due time, most likely with a love note and a free 7" or something. It'll get there. Hold off on the email.

Just Joel and Lindsay run it. Give it time. They have a lot to do, but you'll get it in due time, most likely with a love note and a free 7" or something. It'll get there. Hold off on the email.

Yeah, I'll give them until after the New Year. They have to be beyond swamped with orders after that huge cyber Monday sale.

Well, maybe the replacement shipped then and usps is just being super slow. They never sent me any tracking if they did.

Fuck my head feels spacey as fuck tonight. Damn sinuses. Also for some reason there are contractors working on my neighbors house at 8pm, and they blocked me in my driveway with their trailer. Morons.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic