Ryan Adams guys, keep an eye on this auction, looks like it'll end low. Wish I didn't already have one :c

Stop posting links separately just to add posts Chuck

Oddly, I think the course I struggled most with was Calc 2, or maybe Differential Equations? Way harder than Calc 3 ever was

Ours isn't done numerically, so I have no idea where I stand. I'm in a class that is essentially the first year of calc except sped up, so consequently, there is room for a few extra chapters at the end of the year.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but they are the most important band for good reason, and you can probably trace your favorite band back to them as an influence. Music is the way it is today cause they existed, I think they are underrated as far as musical importance and even if you don't like the music, this isn't really an opinion. Rubber Soul is the first rock album (without covers) that really struck a chord and changed the way the album was forever. I could probably lecture for a couple hours, and I wouldn't even call them my favorite band, but I do enjoy everything from Rubber soul on immensely

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but they are the most important band for good reason, and you can probably trace your favorite band back to them as an influence. Music is the way it is today cause they existed, I think they are underrated as far as musical importance and even if you don't like the music, this isn't really an opinion. Rubber Soul is the first rock album (without covers) that really struck a chord and changed the way the album was forever. I could probably lecture for a couple hours, and I wouldn't even call them my favorite band, but I do enjoy everything from Rubber soul on immensely

I'm pretty sure VU had a far bigger influence on 90% of rock music I'm interested in. Also Pet Sounds > every Beatles album. So the greatest achievement of theirs is challenging Brian Wilson to be better than them.

Brian Wilson aspired to be like the Beatles, and when he heard Strawberry Fields Forever he had to pull over his car and said "they beat me to it?

Yeah, that's what I said. He tried to be better than them, I think he succeeded.

Nico was even in attendance at the Sgt. Pepper's release party

Between Nico having nothing to do with VU and Sgt. Pepper being from 67, I don't see how that has anything to do with anything.

I just realized I have not gotten my replacement Caspian record from Mylene. I'm sure they are swamped with orders, but it's been over 2 weeks. I wonder how long I should wait before sending another email?

I think VU was highly influential even if I'm not a huge fan. Perhaps one of the other most influential acts, but seriously it all stems from the success of the Beatles and the British invasion, it shaped rock as we know it and I stick behind the concept of the rock album being cemented by them. I'm not trying to make you like them more than other artists, but their importance can't be understated

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic