Modern Baseball was so good last night, probably their best show to date in Austin. My girlfriend is slowly becoming a fan of mwY too; Aaron said he lost someone close a few hours before they went on and he wouldn't be as enthusiastic but that in no way meant that he wasn't thrilled to be there and enjoyed all of the songs they would play. 

Hotelier was pretty good, better than the last time I saw them. I'm not as big of a fan as my friend I went with, but they still put on a great show and played all the jams off the 2nd album. He bought me a ticket and gas, and we had a good time. That was my first trip to that venue, and we made plans to go see Nothing on the 11th, he offered to buy me a ticket to that too since it's a few days after my birthday

32 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

Hotelier was pretty good, better than the last time I saw them. I'm not as big of a fan as my friend I went with, but they still put on a great show and played all the jams off the 2nd album. He bought me a ticket and gas, and we had a good time. That was my first trip to that venue, and we made plans to go see Nothing on the 11th, he offered to buy me a ticket to that too since it's a few days after my birthday

That's dope. I'm jealous because my city doesn't get shit for shows.

We just had a buttrock festival with Five Finger Shit Sandwich, Megadeath, Scott Stapp, Coheed, and a bunch of other garbage.

7 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

That's dope. I'm jealous because my city doesn't get shit for shows.

We just had a buttrock festival with Five Finger Shit Sandwich, Megadeath, Scott Stapp, Coheed, and a bunch of other garbage.

That just sounds awful, you should move somewhere less shitty

2 hours ago, NapalmBrain said:

Thinking about changing my game plan to go see Nothing instead of going to Atlanta to see FLAG in July.

2 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

We just had a buttrock festival with Five Finger Shit Sandwich, Megadeth, Scott Stapp, Coheed, and a bunch of other garbage.

That lineup gives me a headache just reading about it :( 

Edited by GreatGreenOne77

I tool zzzquil last night to help get my sleep schedule back on track. I've been going to bed at 10am and waking up at 3pm. So I took it at about 7am so I could wake up by 1pm. Problem was it was so hot in my room last night that I couldn't sleep. So I was in this constant state of just about falling asleep. It was like I was drunk. Such an odd and unpleasant feeling. Made me feel very light headed. 

I did finally install a fan in my window to suck all the hot air out though. So I'm pretty excited to sleep in nice and cool room tonight. 

Edited by Dave Grohl

26 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

Both sound good, but I'd rather see a current band than a band just rehashing the past

Yea, I would like to see FLAG, but honestly I would rather see Keith with OFF instead. So Nothing it is. While I'm in Durham I can check out the good vinyl shops as well

2 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Matt, have you ever seen the video of Daewon Song skating a mini ramp on just bearings (no wheels)? It's pretty insane.

Yeah, I've seen it. Are you talking about the video where that clip is at the end? I think he does a tre flip if memory serves. Also has it where he takes a wheel off mid air and puts it back on. Insane. 

2 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Yeah, I've seen it. Are you talking about the video where that clip is at the end? I think he does a tre flip if memory serves. Also has it where he takes a wheel off mid air and puts it back on. Insane. 

I just caught the end then, since that's all it was. Tre flip and I think a 540 double flip. Dude is insane. It makes me want to rewatch the Rodney Mullen Daewon Song videos.

7 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

I think Richie is going to be this Millennium's Rodney. 

Seriously, that guy is taking skating to another level. So much inventive and unique stuff going on in his videos, it's a pleasure to watch.

On another note, I'm really enjoying that new Hotelier album. I liked HLNPIT, but didn't lose my mind about it. Soft Animal is so good it hurts, though.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic