The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

I watched THE GUEST tonight and I can see why people are hoping for a soundtrack release from Mondo or Death Waltz. That's some good stuff.

God I have so many problems with that movie. Great score and a really good movie up until the third act and then it just falls apart and the whole thing feels like a Refn parody visually/sound wise.

I feel like at casting call they had a check list:

- Can you act like Ryan Gosling in a Nicolas Winding Refn movie?

- Do you look like Ryan Gosling?

God I have so many problems with that movie. Great score and a really good movie up until the third act and then it just falls apart

Ha, good to finally read I'm no alone in this

I absolutely loved the soundtrack, but the film was a let-down. Started out great, brilliant pacing, beautiful cinematography and very good acting across the board, but then the last 20 minutes happened. It unexpectedly fell into all the typical horror/thriller cliches, which in itself wouldn't necessarily be bad, but they were so poorly executed... It almost felt like Wuingard wasn't comfortable with making something different and just decided to turn the third act into what he's always done - sub-par horror action. But since there were hardly any horror elements to work with, he was left with a thriller finale that doesn't thrill and action scenes that come across as amateur-ish.

Harry Potter would be a good "one" yes.

The Dark Knight? If it will ever be repressed.

I was also thinking about Requiem for a Dream. Maybe not as big like the others already mentioned here but I think still a lot of people want to see this on vinyl.

JP brought so many new eyes to Mondo. An R rated drama that didn't make a large box office mark couldn't even approximate the same level of exposure. Maybe Dark Night, but even that, like Marvel, would only grab modern movie fans. Star Wars is honestly the best suggestion so far.

Indy would be huge. Maybe Back to the Future? Kind of a fun intellectual exercise, but just give me The Guest or some more funky Italian shit like The Visitor.

How about something like Biutiful? Outstanding film and a very good score. I'd love to see something like it.

If were talking about something big I think the biggest thing would be Terminator. Could you imagine it? That would sell outlandishly well. Or even something like Pirates of the Caribbean.

Trainspotting, a clockwork orange, planet of the apes, beetlejuice, Tron, Hanna, Moon.

Might not be as popular as Jp, but all would be awesome.

Hanna was pressed. It was a promo thing, limited to 1000 when the film came out. One of the best OSTs I own. Chemical Bros kill it on that soundtrack. But yeah, I agree. Definitely deserves the royal treatment and given a high-quality repress.

How about something like Biutiful? Outstanding film and a very good score. I'd love to see something like it.

If were talking about something big I think the biggest thing would be Terminator. Could you imagine it? That would sell outlandishly well. Or even something like Pirates of the Caribbean.

Biutiful is my favorite film and one of my favorite scores. Would kill for a copy of that masterwork on a slab of wax.