THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

Also, Lazylabadoodle is selling turntables and here's the crazy thing: people are buying them!

What is the deal with Lazy Labrador Records?

All their stuff is set at crazy expensive Buy it Now prices (in particular City and Colour stuff which I have been looking for).

Every now an again they throw up auctions that start at .99, but the bidding is set to anonymous, I've bid on a few and always get done over at the last second and never know who won the auction. It makes me very suspicious that it is shell bidding by the seller the drive up the price (or they win it themselves to re-list later if the price is too low) and or just promote the buy it now items. 

Just has a dodgy feel too it...

All their stuff is set at crazy expensive Buy it Now prices (in particular City and Colour stuff which I have been looking for).

Every now an again they throw up auctions that start at .99, but the bidding is set to anonymous, I've bid on a few and always get done over at the last second and never know who won the auction. It makes me very suspicious that it is shell bidding by the seller the drive up the price (or they win it themselves to re-list later if the price is too low) and or just promote the buy it now items. 

YawcboH.gif

P0lCO9b.gif

Not sure if trolling, or just fresh to the eBay scene.  If it's the latter, here you go.

Lazy Lab (Lauren) is a professed flipper of records.  She lurks VC - and likely several other sites - to snatch limited presses or variants of vinyl to sell them at inflated prices.  As a note of interest, she actually used to be a member on these boards way back in the day.  Her openness of flipping got her ridiculed and chastised, though, so she deleted her account and presumably browses as a guest, now.

Every now an again they throw up auctions that start at .99, but the bidding is set to anonymous

All of eBay's auctions feature anonymous bidding.  This has been the case for the last two years or so.  Prior to that, actual usernames were shown.  But this feature was revoked for a number of obvious reasons.

I've bid on a few and always get done over at the last second and never know who won the auction.

You're either being sniped [outbid at the last second], or - if you're bidding at the last second, and being instantly outbid - your bids aren't high enough to compete with the top bidder.  She sells fairly "popular" items that generate a lot of interest.  I'm not ruling out the possibility of false bids, but the probability is pretty slim.

It makes me very suspicious that it is shell bidding by the seller the drive up the price (or they win it themselves to re-list later if the price is too low) and or just promote the buy it now items. 

*Shill bidding.

Honestly, if she did this (and consistently won her own auctions), she'd either be implementing a lot of Second Chance offers, or eating a ton in seller fees.  Again; I'm not jumping conclusions.  But the items she sells definitely appeal to kids who have no problem dropping $100 on a limited variant.  I doubt she has to jump through too many hoops to sell her items.

She would sell Crosleys...makes total sense to me...

Dont know if i would consider this crazy, $60 seems a pretty decent price for a test pressing of a Swervedriver record. The test for Raise is also listed. If I had $120 of disposable cash I'd probably buy this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Swervedriver-Mezcal-Head-TEST-PRESS-Pressing-12-LP-Ride-My-Bloody-Valentine-/251317633870?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item3a83b2c34e

I've actually been eyeballing these for a long while now and I've bought from the seller before. I believe he started them at 2 or 300 each and has kept lowering them from there. They are test pressings from the two Hi-Speed Soul reissues that came out a few years back. They're definitely at a fair price now but part of me would much rather have a test pressing of the original release. Actually, fuck it, I'd take test pressings of both because I love Swervedriver. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Circa-Survive-Box-Set-Ultimate-Collection-on-letting-go-violent-waves-bluesky-/121158629100

"You're looking at a complete album discography of Circa Survive's music on vinyl. " Yet not a single Juturna pressing

Edit: It also seems that they're selling the same albums separately.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Circa-Survive-Box-Set-Ultimate-Collection-on-letting-go-violent-waves-bluesky-/121158629100

"You're looking at a complete album discography of Circa Survive's music on vinyl. " Yet not a single Juturna pressing

hahahah this is AWESOME.

"Complete collection! (except their first and best album!)"

Holy hell that's a solid Circa collection hahah

http://www.ebay.com/itm/mewithoutyou-Vinyl-Records-Complete-Discography-Life-Foxes-Brother-Crazy-Ten-7-/261266440729?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item3cd4b18219

More mewithoutYou funsies, except, this isn't anywhere near their complete discography, nor should anyone pay that much money for what is listed...