OG pressings of Hum's You'd Prefer an Astronaut available here 2/25?!?!

I think we're all gonna have about four opportunities to get this so its not so bad. Its kind of nice that they're not all available at once. It gives the people who missed it time to regroup and come up with a strategy for being free when it does go up. The forewarning is a particularly nice aspect of this.

I think we're all gonna have about four opportunities to get this so its not so bad. Its kind of nice that they're not all available at once. It gives the people who missed it time to regroup and come up with a strategy for being free when it does go up. The forewarning is a particularly nice aspect of this.

Agreed. I would have felt really shitty if this was the only opportunity, since I missed out on Electra by what must have been only seconds. Plus, can't really blame him that quantities are so limited.

I really hate having to come up with a strategy just to buy a record.

Life sucks. What's the point of anything anymore. There's just so much hate and misery in the world. Sometimes in my heart, I wonder if there's enough beauty to make up for it. Fuck, man. I can't do this anymore.

I think you are looking for the confessions thread.

For those of you just tuning in, these are officially all sold out and gone forever now. Which is a shame, but they only shipped to the US anyway, and it cost $12 for shipping, bringing the total for both records to nearly $100. There's no reason to check the site, or even this thread anymore.

I really hate having to come up with a strategy just to buy a record.

Appreciated. However, this issue of this album has been out of print for well over a decade and now a few hundred will be made available in spurts for us to have an opportunity to buy a nearly brand new copy for well below the going price of a used one on the second hand market. If you don't want to need a strategy to buy this music then SRC still has white copies. Why be bitter when it requires a strategy to buy this particular record through any other possible channel at this time? The way Matt is doing is giving us all multiple chances to score it at an incredibly fair price especially considering the flattening work, the resealing, and the new art print. It takes time and money for all that. Again, I get that the idea of needing a strategy is a bit annoying but when you consider the circumstances surrounding the scarcity, the potential market value and age of these records you have to see that we're being offered a pretty awesome and generous opportunity.

Appreciated. However, this issue of this album has been out of print for well over a decade and now a few hundred will be made available in spurts for us to have an opportunity to buy a nearly brand new copy for well below the going price of a used one on the second hand market. If you don't want to need a strategy to buy this music then SRC still has white copies. Why be bitter when it requires a strategy to buy this particular record through any other possible channel at this time? The way Matt is doing is giving us all multiple chances to score it at an incredibly fair price especially considering the flattening work, the resealing, and the new art print. It takes time and money for all that. Again, I get that the idea of needing a strategy is a bit annoying but when you consider the circumstances surrounding the scarcity, the potential market value and age of these records you have to see that we're being offered a pretty awesome and generous opportunity.

maybe he wants a copy of electra too.