What Vinyl Boxset would like to see Happening?

Maria Taylor. Albums first time on vinyl, other than Overlook. Would like to see it include MT & Andy LeMaster Savannah Drive ep.

Coming to think of it an Azure Ray box set would be cool too with singles included.

And why not a Conor Oberst first three cassettes on vinyl: Water, Heres to Special Treatment and Soundtrack To My Movie.... Including Norman Bailer - Sine Sierra.

The question I would like to postulate is why purchase a box set?

I bought the Bad Religion one because I only had 3 of the LPs. It was very convenient.

I passed on NOFX because I have all their LPs. I find a negative association between pressing # and sound quality. That is (before digital recording) the older a pressing is, the better the quality. Of course this phenomena could be entirely psychosomatic like a placebo effect, but I follow the logic that analog recordings (master tapes, stampers) deteriorate with age.

For instance, I have every pressing of Walk Among Us. 1982 and 1988 are about equal in quality (88 has less noise), the 2009 is not bad and the 2012 presses are awful. Rhino (notorious for poor quality represses, in my opinion) stated that their 2009 and 2012 represses were cut from the original master tapes. Both presses have the same matrix numbers, indicating the stampers were reused. The 2009 has less quality than the 1988 pressing indicating wear of the master tapes. The 2012 pressings are muddy, indicating deterioration of the stampers.

So would I buy a Billy Joel box set? I have nearly all of his LPs (see signature), but would I risk an inferior product? How were the Beatles reissues?

-Suicide Machines

-The Matches as a super box set with The Locals songs, the four Matches records (even though I hate ABIH) and an extra LP with the songs that only ended up on compilations

-Thrasher Magazine Skate Rock Compilations

-Chris Burrows (Asking For It/ Anorexic Olsen Twin/ This Is A Robbery)

-Johnny Hobo & The Freight Trains

-Wingnut Dishwashers Union

-Ramones

-Rudimentary Peni

-Dead Milkmen

-A//Political

-Black Flag

-Tom Waits

-Circle Jerks

-Misfits

-Jonathan Coulton

-Modest Mouse (it sucks that the masters of Lonesome Crowded West are gone but I've read the band intends to rerelease it somehow anyway)

-Built To Spill (Although with the recent represses that's unlikely)

-Utah Phillips

-Descendents 

-Django Reinhardt

-King Crimson

-Suicide Machines

-The Matches as a super box set with The Locals songs, the four Matches records (even though I hate ABIH) and an extra LP with the songs that only ended up on compilations

-Thrasher Magazine Skate Rock Compilations

-Chris Burrows (Asking For It/ Anorexic Olsen Twin/ This Is A Robbery)

-Johnny Hobo & The Freight Trains

-Wingnut Dishwashers Union

-Ramones

-Rudimentary Peni

-Dead Milkmen

-A//Political

-Black Flag

-Tom Waits

-Circle Jerks

-Misfits

-Jonathan Coulton

-Modest Mouse (it sucks that the masters of Lonesome Crowded West are gone but I've read the band intends to rerelease it somehow anyway)

-Built To Spill (Although with the recent represses that's unlikely)

-Utah Phillips

-Descendents

-Django Reinhardt

-King Crimson

I have every Built to Spill record except Live but would still buy a boxset in a second. The inclusion of Ultimate Alternative Wavers would be nuts.