Albums you took a blind chance on and it paid off?

Today i picked up the new Waxahatchee LP "Cerulean Salt". I took a chance on it because i was feeling semi adventurous at the record store and I liked the way the album art looked. I am happy to report that I find the record to be fantastic and this got me thinking. What records have you guys picked up on a whim/hunch and they turned out to be records you love?

If you like Waxahatchee, you HAVE to listen to ps eliot. just do it.

saw a copy of Too Much Joy - cereal killers in the dollar bin at an old used CD store... thought it looked ridiculous so i bought it.. ended up loving it, and loving the band.

used to blindly buy things from labels that generally put out stuff i liked.. got refused - shape of punk to come that way

Tool-ænema got it on vinyl when it came out in the 90's for $15. Sold it on e-bay in 2006 for $310. That paid off!

Don't make people jelly.

Kid Rock devil without a cause in the 'discover new artist' bin.  $6.99.  Had only heard some of the titular track on MTV live something or other.  SWAG

*Unfortunately the name Kid Rock wasn't popular until late 1999, I'd started listening in early 99.  Kids at school would say "you listen to that with your Raffi tape or what?" and other age related jokes.  It was very funny to hear next year "Have you heard that new Kid Rock song?".   I'm going platinum indeed.

nothing comes to mind recently.

the best instance of this for me was JSBX - Orange. I saw that record in the Newbury Comics in Nashua my first weekend of college, with the shiny silver cover and the name "Orange" and I says to myself, I says "shit, I have to have this record." I had never heard of JSBX at that point.

god damn if that isn't one of the best records ever.

the firebird band - say hello 7" from mind over matter. i was a huge braid/hey mercedes fan, so i pretty much picked this up blindly and was pretty blown away by both the music as well as the beautiful die-cut hand-screened packaging.

i also have to go with everyone else on here who's saying Harvard/HRVRD. i picked up the original press of the inevitable & i because it looked so amazing and i had never seen any record that looked like that before. i ended up falling in love with the band and, eventually, meeting and falling for the wonderful guy who put the record out, so i'd say that definitely paid off haha

• 2 months later...

I didn't see a thread for The Lone Bellow, so I thought I'd post this here:

I saw them again last night and they had a newer pressing of their debut LP at the merch counter that comes with a red 7" that includes the two songs that were on the CD but missing from the LP

Sweet, love bonus stuff like that