Cake Vinyl Boxset Coming Soon per RSD 7" sleeve

I do feel sort of bad for people who payed a lot at retail on RSD. If you camped you only wasted your time. No matter what you walked away with camping out for records is pretty high on the list of time wasting activities, so everyone was implicitly fine with wasting that time from the start. 

But paying $50 extra at some shops discretion sucks. 

I do feel sort of bad for people who payed a lot at retail on RSD. If you camped you only wasted your time. No matter what you walked away with camping out for records is pretty high on the list of time wasting activities, so everyone was implicitly fine with wasting that time from the start. 

But paying $50 extra at some shops discretion sucks.

Why not just return it to the shop? Assuming you have the reciept

And if u already opened it, wait till the cheaper one arrives from cake webstore and return the sealed one using your reciept. As long as they have a return policy I wouldn't feel like I'm screwing the local store.. In fact, they were screwing you by jacking the price up $50 over msrp based on the rsd hype for this release

Why not just return it to the shop? Assuming you have the reciept

And if u already opened it, wait till the cheaper one arrives from cake webstore and return the sealed one using your reciept. As long as they have a return policy I wouldn't feel like I'm screwing the local store.. In fact, they were screwing you by jacking the price up $50 over msrp based on the rsd hype for this release

My record store was not accepting any returns on RSD releases. Plus, I could not risk catching the email late, which I would have. I mean geez, can't we just bitch :D

Here is my Cake story as we are all sitting around bullshitting about this release...

I stood outside for RSD wanting the Cake box set and was rejected.  No big deal, I will just buy it on eBay.  There has been a lot of noise about jacked up eBay prices, but honestly I could care less.  I want this box and an extra couple hundred dollars means nothing in the long run.  I bought it for $315 and it should arrive on Monday.

Thanks to Steve Hoffman forum I saw a link to Vinyl Collective and immediately bought another box set from connexion.  I bought another because I wanted to increase my chances of a test pressing and that would increase my chances at a very reasonable price.  I plan to get both box sets and sell one on eBay, I am sure the price will still be decent by then, maybe $220 to $250.

The question is how to determine which one has a test pressing without removing the shrink wrap (which would decrease the value).  I will do this by weighing them and keeping the heavier one.  If the keeper doesn't have a test pressing then no harm done and I have lowered the effective price I paid off of eBay.

Here is my Cake story as we are all sitting around bullshitting about this release...

I stood outside for RSD wanting the Cake box set and was rejected.  No big deal, I will just buy it on eBay.  There has been a lot of noise about jacked up eBay prices, but honestly I could care less.  I want this box and an extra couple hundred dollars means nothing in the long run.  I bought it for $315 and it should arrive on Monday.

Thanks to Steve Hoffman forum I saw a link to Vinyl Collective and immediately bought another box set from connexion.  I bought another because I wanted to increase my chances of a test pressing and that would increase my chances at a very reasonable price.  I plan to get both box sets and sell one on eBay, I am sure the price will still be decent by then, maybe $220 to $250.

The question is how to determine which one has a test pressing without removing the shrink wrap (which would decrease the value).  I will do this by weighing them and keeping the heavier one.  If the keeper doesn't have a test pressing then no harm done and I have lowered the effective price I paid off of eBay.

kenny-powers-make-it-rain.gif

Best first post.

EUREKA!  Please post the weights.

Ahh ok, that makes more sense then lol. I was thinking that they would replace your copy with a test pressing. So does this mean there is a little extra space in the box for a future album(s)?

Well, I would say no. I don't know how they fit a ninth LP because the eight are already perfectly snug. But, I haven't actually tried to put another record in it so I don't actually know, ha.