Albums with a better B-side than A-side

Too "post rock" for my tastes. It reminded me of Explosions in the Sky or something, with the huge crescendo. It took me seeing Mladic live to fully appreciate it so it's probably the same with this song.

Too "post rock" for my tastes. It reminded me of Explosions in the Sky or something, with the huge crescendo. It took me seeing Mladic live to fully appreciate it so it's probably the same with this song.

It is indeed very formulaic of post-rock stereotypes, I agree.  And coming from GY!BE it's a little jarring to be sure.  On a first listen of the album I didn't care for it nearly as much as Mladic, but I also don't quite detest it.  Makes me very interested to hear where they may go with new material.

Side C of DCFC's Plans. What Sarah Said, Brothers On A Hotel Bed, and Stable Song are just perfect.

I always thought Sarah was a bit too cloying, love the last two though.

I prefer the second record of Transatlanticism, if that counts.... Side C/D beginning with the title track (AKA The Greatest Thing DCFC Will Ever Write) and ending with A Lack Of Color.