The Great Gatsby Soundtrack LP on Third Man

Third Man Records is humbled to be a part of such a stellar confluence of literature, art and music...

...pioneering a never-before released method...

...blindingly reflective...

...classic meets cutting edge...

...mere words pale in comparison to the actual physical presence of this piece...

Sounds like somebody at TMR has been trolling through Vogue.

after seeing the photo..my first initial response was.. i dont care how much that is, i must have it! then i read down scotts post and once i saw the price tag my second reponse was.. uhhhh fuck that. 

Haha...same here. I would surely use it for nothing more than a display piece and I just can't smack down $250 for a display piece right now. 

I like it so far. I've only listened to the first half of the deluxe version. Is the vinyl going to be the 21 track version or the... 14? track? I am considering selling my Violent Waves painted version to fund this. I just like how unique it is. If it weren't in the wood sleeves I probably wouldn't want it as bad. I hope they are lined with velvet or something, I would be freaked out every time I took the records out.

All I know is that I'm very excited for the standard release. The gold foil embossed cover will look so good and will make up for the sadness I face from not getting Watch the Throne

Not to derail, but I was at Culture Clash Records in Toledo the other day and they had a copy of Watch The Throne. I would assume you could call there for a price and see if they ship.

Yes, have you? When I you read Great Gatsby do you think Jay Z and Will.I.Am? Obviously you don't understand what I meant.

It might be kind of a tongue in cheek allusion to the imaginary opulence of modern pop music and hip hop culture.

Or it could just be a shit soundtrack to an overhyped farce of a film adaptation of a literary masterpiece.