Glassjaw Coloring Book vinyl limited to 120 unique color combos 8/16

All of this band's business decisions are absolutely baffling to me. This vinyl's distribution being a primary offender, but also when I saw them a two weeks ago, almost all shirts sold out before the show even started (indicating very low quantities of merch), not even the CD/DVD of Coloring Book for sale, no vinyl for sale. Most shirt designs were poor at best. Also, Daryl was incredibly high when he came out on stage so the first few songs were off b/c he was high as a kite. The sound was also far too quiet, but that's a completely different issue...

Do they even give a shit anymore? Why do they bother? If they really cared, they could easily and simultaneously give fans what they want AND make profit as well with just a little effort and foresight.

All of this band's business decisions are absolutely baffling to me. This vinyl's distribution being a primary offender, but also when I saw them a two weeks ago, almost all shirts sold out before the show even started (indicating very low quantities of merch), not even the CD/DVD of Coloring Book for sale, no vinyl for sale. Most shirt designs were poor at best. Also, Daryl was incredibly high when he came out on stage so the first few songs were off b/c he was high as a kite. The sound was also far too quiet, but that's a completely different issue...

Do they even give a shit anymore? Why do they bother? If they really cared, they could easily and simultaneously give fans what they want AND make profit as well with just a little effort and foresight.

Idk man everytime I go to a glassjaw show I always hit up the merch table first because that is when everyone buys their shit. It goes quick. Nothing against you but I dont see why people are worried about how a band decides to do their business. I mean it sucks not everyone can get a copy but obviously thats how they want it to be or they would have done otherwise.

Also, regarding Daryl, have you never seen them before? Dude is always out of it. These guys play rock music for a living they arent role models. Shit even Jimi Hendrix used to rock acid in his headband, do you think people complained about that?

Idk man everytime I go to a glassjaw show I always hit up the merch table first because that is when everyone buys their shit. It goes quick. Nothing against you but I dont see why people are worried about how a band decides to do their business. I mean it sucks not everyone can get a copy but obviously thats how they want it to be or they would have done otherwise.

Also, regarding Daryl, have you never seen them before? Dude is always out of it. These guys play rock music for a living they arent role models. Shit even Jimi Hendrix used to rock acid in his headband, do you think people complained about that?

Most Glassjaw fans remember Daryl from when he was straightedge.

I saw Glassjaw opening for the Deftones in like, 99? They were incredibly intense and played wonderfully. I'd never even heard them before, either, so that was rad.

Fast forward a few years, to their first reunion, and they bored the shit out of me live. Tight show, but absolutely no stage presence. I no longer go to see them. No complaints on this end. Just saving myself some money.

I saw Glassjaw opening for the Deftones in like, 99? They were incredibly intense and played wonderfully. I'd never even heard them before, either, so that was rad.

Fast forward a few years, to their first reunion, and they bored the shit out of me live. Tight show, but absolutely no stage presence. I no longer go to see them. No complaints on this end. Just saving myself some money.

Everyone I know who has seen them in the last 5 years or so said they were basically having band practice with an audience watching, just standing in a circle not even facing the crowd. Not that they need to put on a show like GWAR or something, although that would be cool.

The show before the coloring book tour they stood facing each other. The coloring book tour was awesome though. Great light set ups and lots of energy. I wish Daryl would go crazy like he use to, he doesn't even scream the "Crumbling, ripping, and failing!" Part anymore. The show I saw on Saturday was decent but he still hardly went crazy. Probably because he's always stoned.

This 100%. 

I've seen glassjaw live at least 20 times, and this summer in Brooklyn with B&C was easily the best by a mile.  They can be hit and miss but they still have it when they feel like it.  I feel that musically the band is always tight but Daryl makes or breaks it.  It sucks that sometimes he mails it in (Skate & Surf...7 hour drive for that was a bummer) but what can you do.  They don't owe me anything, I willingly give them my $$$ and I sleep at night just fine.

its hard on the streets.

they leave the game. everyone wants them to come back.  they come back. everyone talks about how great they used to be.

isn't Daryl sick. like cancer of his stomach or something like that.  he can't go nuts all the time.  I feel lucky that they still tour.  any energy on stage should be greatly appreciated. 

its hard on the streets.

they leave the game. everyone wants them to come back.  they come back. everyone talks about how great they used to be.

isn't Daryl sick. like cancer of his stomach or something like that.  he can't go nuts all the time.  I feel lucky that they still tour.  any energy on stage should be greatly appreciated. 

he was going pretty nuts last time I saw them which was only a couple months ago. doing flips off the stage into the crowd and shit. but its a mixed bag with him, you never know which daryl youre ganna get. and I agree, I think the crohn's has taken its toll on his body.

I've seen glassjaw live at least 20 times, and this summer in Brooklyn with B&C was easily the best by a mile.  They can be hit and miss but they still have it when they feel like it.  I feel that musically the band is always tight but Daryl makes or breaks it.  It sucks that sometimes he mails it in (Skate & Surf...7 hour drive for that was a bummer) but what can you do.  They don't owe me anything, I willingly give them my $$$ and I sleep at night just fine.

couldnt have said it better myself. I was at both those shows as well, and it was daryl at both ends of the spectrum haha