Glassjaw Coloring Book vinyl limited to 120 unique color combos 8/16

http://www.medicaldaily.com/medical-marijuana-achieves-complete-remission-crohns-disease-drug-improves-appetite-and-sleep-247783

^don't click if your job has restrictions on websites about the medicinal benefits of marijuana

happy?

Edited by wheresoulmeetsbody

Thanks for tricking me into clicking on that at work!

You think your work would be upset for clicking on that link?  An article about the findings of medical study of the effects of marijuana on Chron's disease? 

Obviously this band is not the same as they used to be but GJ is also one of the most heavily criticized bands I've ever seen. People are so hypersensitive to what they do that I'm surprised they even still do this shit anymore really - but I think that's the thing, they just don't seem to care what anyone thinks. Whether you like how they do things or not, its an admirable approach. Personally, I don't really care what they do or what they're like as people. Musically, they've never done anything I didn't like.

Every interview I've ever seen/read in the years post-Warner Bros they've said pretty clearly that they're only really doing this for themselves.  It's the same conversation between fans constantly about glassjaw and bands like them that don't produce music and support it using the standard album release cycle.  Not enough shows, not enough records, everything is super limited and blah blah blah.  They do things the way they feel like and that's that, anybody who thinks a band owes them anything is delusional. 

I've seen glassjaw live at least 20 times, and this summer in Brooklyn with B&C was easily the best by a mile.  They can be hit and miss but they still have it when they feel like it.  I feel that musically the band is always tight but Daryl makes or breaks it.  It sucks that sometimes he mails it in (Skate & Surf...7 hour drive for that was a bummer) but what can you do.  They don't owe me anything, I willingly give them my $$$ and I sleep at night just fine.

That Brooklyn show blew my mind. Yeah, really shows that they DO still have it, but only go all out if they feel like it.

Honestly, I wish most concerts were turned down so that I could actually hear the timbre of the instruments and not just a huge crazy wall of distortion. Am I the only one who's hearing this at shows?

I can't stand that either. There are only a couple bands that I can think of that would be weird if they weren't insanely loud.

I can't stand that either. There are only a couple bands that I can think of that would be weird if they weren't insanely loud.

I really despise stadium shows for this.  You know the room has acoustics....  Loudness wars are now beyond studio recordings...fuck.

Every interview I've ever seen/read in the years post-Warner Bros they've said pretty clearly that they're only really doing this for themselves.  It's the same conversation between fans constantly about glassjaw and bands like them that don't produce music and support it using the standard album release cycle.  Not enough shows, not enough records, everything is super limited and blah blah blah.  They do things the way they feel like and that's that, anybody who thinks a band owes them anything is delusional. 

Yep. yep. yep.  I bet people wouldn't complain if they weren't an ex-WB band.  I always wonder if Glassjaw can't make too much money as Glassjaw because Warner Brothers.

• 2 weeks later...

I really despise stadium shows for this. You know the room has acoustics.... Loudness wars are now beyond studio recordings...fuck.

I grew up seeing bands playing stadiums and honestly didn't know that live music could sound good until my tastes changed and I started seeing smaller bands in smaller venues. Drums were my least favorite instrument until I saw what a proper drum tech can do to them in a live environment.

Sick! I already have the cut out versions but I regret selling my second press set so this works out great. Just need Jesus glue. I wonder if they are the cut out versions like in the picture. I would think they would change the picture if they weren't. Does anyone else think that cardigan is awesome? I want that for my birthday. I hope my wife gets it for me.