Autographed records?

I've got a couple of signed LP's

Manic Street Preachers "This is my truth tell me yours" they're from my town. 

Masked Intruder "S/T" Signed when they were in Kingston, have this and the ticket from the show in a frame

Bon Jovi "Slippery When Wet" Signed by 4 (missing Alec John Such) in a custom frame

Heartsounds "Drifter" signed on the white inner sleeve and personalised from a show in Southampton. 

Have various other signed stuff... a signed Millencolin "Home From Home" digipack the one that springs to mind which I randomly won from Burning Heart. A few cd's like early Thrice albums, Midtown, Starting line etc... which I have at my parents somewhere.

I have several signed records but I can't imagine I would sell them. Like was said these are specific moments for me after a show where I was so excited to buy the record and meet the artist. Although I have no qualms about buying a signed record so long as it is not personalized. I convinced myself I needed a microphone signed by David Gilmour off ebay (skeptics, shoo) so I can't see why a plain signed record wouldn't appeal to me.

I prefer to get a setlist, have that be signed, and throw it in the record from the show. If I ever sell my records I'm destined to accidentally leave one of those in there.

I'm a sucker for setlist as well.

Have a few signed records. Almost got Tom to sign my Neighborhoods Lp but that didn't exactly happen.

I have signed LPs by a few artists but not many I've gotten myself. I got ETID to sign my copy of the Big Dirty, and I have a picture disc bootleg of the Beatles Decca audition that I had Pete Best sign right over his bass drum head in the picture.

I have a bunch of signed records or booklets, some from pre-orders, some in person.

Some of my personal highlights:

- Poster from the E6 Holiday Surprise Tour signed by Jeff Mangum, Julian, Scott Spillane, Will Cullen Hart, everyone that was there.

- East River Pipe (Sent my poster, really nice guy)

- Conor Oberst on a Bright Eyes Poster from Motion Sickness

- Allister (Opened for them about 3 years ago)

- The Waxwings poster that came with the record (Dean Fertita went on to play with Jack White and QoTSA)

- Sum 41 (preorder)

- The Cribs (preorder)

- Some art from Elliott of Sleeping in the Aviary fame

- Dave Smallen (great musician, formerly in Street to Nowhere, now solo)

- Paul Collins Beat that I got from Paul directly.

- Failure's Fantastic Planet that Ken signed

- A signed Reuben sleeve from Xtra Mile

- Sea Wolf's last record

- Murdocks "Distortionist" - Amazing record on some awesome blue/white vinyl.

- And a Biffy Clyro lithograph.

I have a ton of signed booklets from pre-orders...too many.

I have a few signed records can't be bothered to pull them all out, but I went to the Brudenell in Leeds the other night to watch Bosnian Rainbows and met them afterwards had a good chat and I was surprised at how down to earth and cool they were, I was kind of expecting Omar to have the obligatory "Small Man Syndrome" but he was really nice had a chat about a few things mainly his solo stuff and if he was working with anyone else at the moment, anyways yeh all them signed the LP for me.

20813_10201874611092139_60794861_n.jpg

I have a bunch of signed records. (and none are for sale, much to the dismay of everyone who asks whenever I bump my collection is for sale thread...)

JEW - Futures

JEW - s/t 10"

JEW - Bleed American

JEW - Invented

JEW - Clarity reissue

Manic Street Preachers - This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours 1st pressing

Manic Street Preachers - Feminine Is Beautiful 7"

Manic Street Preachers - Lifeblood

Manic Street Preachers - Journal For PLague Lovers

The Gaslight Anthem - Sink or Swim Demos /104 signed outer sleeve

New Found Glory - Tip of The Iceberg picture disc test pressing

New Found Glory - Sticks and Stones 1st pressing on blue

New Found Glory/Dashboard COnfessional - Swiss Army Bromance black/green signed by Chris

Chuck Ragan - Gold Country

The Cab - Whisper War signed by the band (and only the members who played on the damn record)

Red City Radio - The Dangers of Standing Still (both /200 variants from the first press)

Dave Hause - Resolutions screenprinted cover, personalized to my wife and I, saying "To Andrew and Emily, DOn't break up. Dave Hause."

Say Anything - Is A real Boy signed by Max

Bouncing Souls - Complete Control Sessions on yellow with black splatter

Dead Kennedys - In God We Trust, Inc., fully signed (one of the very few items I've bought where i didnt' get the signatures, 'cause I know I'm not going to pull that one off.)

Dresden Dolls - Good Day 7"

Fake Problems - Real Ghosts Caught On Tape on pink (only 'cause I thought it was one of the best records of the year, and I felt weird asking them for it 'cause by now they're friends.)

Fake Problems - Dream Team 7" on orange (bought because I needed the orange one for the collection.)

Fake Problems - Viking Wizard Eyes, Wizard Full of Lies 7" (I think they all came signed, and i bought it that way 'cause I needed it for the collection and I couldn't NOT buy it that way.)

Mike Watt - Ball-Hog or Tugboat? on blue

Jello Biafra - Die For Oil Sucker 7"

Jello Biafra & D.O.A. - The Last Scream of the Missing Neighbors signed by Jello

The Music Tapes - 2nd Imaginary Symphony for Cloudmaking signed by Julian

Taking Back Sunday - Carpathia 7" (signed by all members at the time, found and given to me as a gift by Kriss)

And a lot of other posters/cds other random bullshit. I like mementos.

tumblr_mron23xhJA1qcxnjxo1_500.jpg

I was looking for a new theme for my living room display and here we have it:

Stan Bush on Transformers the movie ST

Trent Reznor on NIN's the Downward Spiral

Band on Foo Fighters 1x1

Dennis Lyxzén on Refused The Shape of Punk to Come Note: after Refused he wrote "ARE Fuckin DEAD"

Henry Rollins on Rollins Band Weight: with "Adam Thanks"

Trent Reznor on NIN's Broken

Band on Weezer Pinkerton CD

Dave Grohl on Nirvana Nevermind  CD

Band on Queens of the Stone Age CD

Band Cave In Antenna

and I have a bunch of other random crap those NIN records are my gems.

Autographs are not really my thing, but I think they can be neat. That Ramones record is a good example of a non-invasive signature and if it's a signature of a dead artist, it's very cool.

I received a signed picture disc of Hall & Oates' MASTERPIECE H20 for Christmas one year. The autographs are hard to make out.

I'm not sure why anyone would fake H&O autographs as they're not highly sought after and they're still alive, so I'm assuming they're real and just messy. I know none of my signatures ever look the same.

I think that's my only autographed record, other than the ALK3 This Addiction pre-order.

I didn't use to care about autographs, but I've started to if it's the right band. For instance, I used to see the Avett Brothers all the time, so I never bothered to get anything signed... BUT I do have a very cool "Live In-Store Performance" poster that they signed. (And more like heavy styrofoam than paper.) Also, a near-miss: I have a cool picture of myself & Questlove from The Roots, but my friend got HER "Illadelph Halflife" LP signed.

This one is worth posting tho:

VH.jpg

^that Defeater looks really rad!

If it seems like the right moment, I do like to get records signed if attending a show and especially if bought straight from the band. I would not go hunting down already signed records as that for me doesn't add any value to it. It's all about the memory!

• IIOI - Proper, bought it from the artist at his gig where there were just handful of people and merch was just set on one of the tables in the bar so I thought why the hell not.
  • Touche Amore's "TTBODH" signed by Jeremy with an unexpected personal message so that was nice. +PTSBBAM signed by 4/5 of the band when bought at their show and TA x J.Bannon signed by Jake and TA.
  • Maj Karma's record signed by the singer who first time saw the vinyl just then (at record release gig).
  • +few cds signed eg by Karnivool and Rise Against.
  • Old Man Gloom "NO" cassette signed by Nate - simply couldn't resist even when it wasn't at OMG show.

Not sure if I was one of the first 300 to order new Chelsea Wolfe album so that could arrive as signed too.

Loretta Lynn-45

Mel Tillis-"Mel's Favorites"

Stonewall Jackson-"Waterloo" and "SW Country"

Bryan Adams-"Reckless"

John Cougar Mellencamp-"Scarecrow"

Jim Ed Brown-"I Don't Want To Have To Marry You" and "It's That Time Of Night"

George Hamilton IV-"Best Of"

The Mel record was the first record I bought, to get signed.  It was the start of my addiction........

• 3 weeks later...

Loretta Lynn-45

Mel Tillis-"Mel's Favorites"

Stonewall Jackson-"Waterloo" and "SW Country"

Bryan Adams-"Reckless"

John Cougar Mellencamp-"Scarecrow"

Jim Ed Brown-"I Don't Want To Have To Marry You" and "It's That Time Of Night"

George Hamilton IV-"Best Of"

The Mel record was the first record I bought, to get signed.  It was the start of my addiction........

Those are some awesome autographs

I've been doing merch for bands that tour Australia for a while now. Whenever I've had the opportunity to work for an artist/band that I am a fan of, I take my vinyl with me to get signed if the opportunity arises. I've had stuff signed by Faith No More, The Dandy Warhols, AFI, Tiger Army, Bon Iver, Tim Barry, Frank Turner, John Butler, The Coup, Dillinger Escape Plan, Rodriguez, Sage Francis and a few others I can't think of. Oh, and I have the Thrice 'Beggars' signed which came with that original order back when it was released.

I would never buy signed records. For me, having the record signed is a personal statement of record that I worked for/met/saw that particular artist. Similarly I wouldn't sell any of these, as I honestly don't think they'd be valuable to anyone but me.

I would never buy signed records. For me, having the record signed is a personal statement of record that I worked for/met/saw that particular artist.

This is pretty much how I feel too.  I have a couple of signed albums, but for the most part they're signed by bands that very few people care about and their autographs have not upped the value at all.  This has been a bit awkward though, when you approach a band that you've been really digging and you go for their autograph and they get all weird because they don't see themselves as the kind of band that gives autographs.

My New Wave is autographed by everyone who was in Against Me! at the time.  But my prized autograph record is The Essential Sounds From the Far East by DMBQ, signed by the band plus China Nishiura before she died in that car accident a couple years back.