Autographed records?

• 2 weeks later...

I got Mac Demarco to sign his new album which is cool. I would have more but no car=not able to bring records to sign :(

Niiice! I was hoping to get Mac to sign my salad days but his show was on the same night as Natural Child so I decided to see them instead. I bet mac was a cool dude tho.

• 2 months later...

i picked up an original pressing of Take This To Your Grave and am going to meet them soon at a Meet & Greet. usually they can only sign one thing so im debating having them all sign card one (the album cover) or each sign their own individual cards

definitely do the cover. thats what i would do. im also going to one of their meet and greets and getting my gold copy of from under the cork tree signed.

I have a signed Joy Division and Clash record. Joy Division only signed by Ian. Clash by everyone except Topper. I recently bought a signed Waylon Jennings records but I will give that one away as a birthday gift.

Somehow I don't feel like asking bands to sign a record. But seeing Joy Division and Clash are one of my favorite bands of all time, I really felt the need to pick up these records.

If I see the band working the merch table, or run into them after the show and have some vinyl on me/was already buying some I'll usually ask them to sign the cover. I donno, I don't buy signed vinyl, definitely wouldn't pay extra for it, but if I grab a signature from a band I'm into I dig it, it personalizes the album a little more for me. Anymore I feel weird asking though, I'm a grown-ass man, as old or older than a bunch of these bands. It just seems weird to me.

I'll make a list in a second of the signed stuff I have, I guess if anyone is interested.

Algernon Cadwallader - Fun 7" White Vinyl first pressing, signed by entire band, w/ little booklet/zine and cd enclosed 

Best Coast and Wavves - Summer Is Forever Tour only 7" #720/1500 Signed by Bob 

The Pains of Being Pure at Heart - Say No To Love 7" - Seafoam green vinyl, signed by entire band

Turbo Fruits - Colt .45 7"  Tour only sleeve, hand stamped/75 signed by band

Algernon Cadwallader - Some Kind of Cadwallader   First Pressing, signed by entire band

Beach Fossils - S/T   Clear vinyl, screened cover, number 11/???  Signed

DD/MM/YYYY - Black Square - Signed by band

Elf Power - Vainly Clutching at Phantom Limbs - Signed and doodled by Andrew Rieger

Glorytellers (ex-members of Karate) - Atone  Signed

Howl - Full of Hell   Red/500 signed by Andrea, Rob and Timmy

Papercuts - Can't Go Back    Signed by Jason Quever, David Enos, and Frankie Koeller 

Surfer Blood - Astro Coast    Blue Vinyl (first pressing) signed by entire band 

These Arms Are Snakes - Tail Swallower and Dove     Signed by entire band 

Tombs - Tombs   and  - Tombs/Planks Split (Yellow, Euro tour 2nd press)      both signed by Tombs

Definitely more than I had thought there were.