Black Friday Record Store Day--November 2013

If flipping is ok, why the long response? I was just pointing out that Mondo should give you an opportunity or 2 on RSD to make some dough to help your finances out.

I'm not about to get into the whole flipping game with you again. It's a stupid argument and you'll never shut up about it. I come into a thread posting about the topic and what I bought the previous year and state that there isn't much that catches my eye this year and that, like a lot of other people, is probably good for my wallet. Don't turn my on topic post into something it isn't.

I'm not about to get into the whole flipping game with you again. It's a stupid argument and you'll never shut up about it. I come into a thread posting about the topic and what I bought the previous year and state that there isn't much that catches my eye this year and that, like a lot of other people, is probably good for my wallet. Don't turn my on topic post into something it isn't.

And all I'm pointing out is that you probably will be able to make a few bucks flipping some Mondo RSD releases, why so sore about the subject if there's nothing wrong in your mind with flipping?

Don't worry though, you and i will never be cool on this board.  I don't like people who are completely full of shit.

Ugh, was hoping to avoid this, but I really want Mermaid Avenue vol 1...and probably All Shook Down.

All Shook Down has me thinking about it differently. There will be 3000 copies and some are supposed to be on the label's website. I remember thinking that a large number of records would mean that ATDI and Notorious BIG would be around for a while last RSD, and that was not the case. 

All Shook Down has me thinking about it differently. There will be 3000 copies and some are supposed to be on the label's website. I remember thinking that a large number of records would mean that ATDI and Notorious BIG would be around for a while last RSD, and that was not the case. 

Last RSD records hit their peak on the "cool" meter. The market is slowing going back to where it used to be and it is fantastic finally. Most things this Black Friday over 2000 will be around a while.

Is this a theory? It would be cool if true.

It's a theory but there's a lot of evidence to back it up. The vinyl revival was basically due to 2 parties: hipsters (i.e. urban outfitters shoppers) and the 15-20 year old alt-press crowd. The hipsters quit soon after the April's RSD as could been seen by the insane amount of vinyl that is just sitting at any UO. The younger crowd (alt-press, pop-punk, etc) are giving up now. Tons of those bands are on ebay for cheap prices. Presses don't sell as fast. Just look at Hot Topic's website. You can still get a copy of Balance and Composure /500 and you can still get Your Favorite Weapon. 6 months ago they would've sold out same day they went up. To either fans or flippers. 

The flipping game is dying off now too. See the latest Senses Fail press on ebay.

It's a theory but there's a lot of evidence to back it up. The vinyl revival was basically due to 2 parties: hipsters (i.e. urban outfitters shoppers) and the 15-20 year old alt-press crowd. The hipsters quit soon after the April's RSD as could been seen by the insane amount of vinyl that is just sitting at any UO. The younger crowd (alt-press, pop-punk, etc) are giving up now. Tons of those bands are on ebay for cheap prices. Presses don't sell as fast. Just look at Hot Topic's website. You can still get a copy of Balance and Composure /500 and you can still get Your Favorite Weapon. 6 months ago they would've sold out same day they went up. To either fans or flippers. 

The flipping game is dying off now too. See the latest Senses Fail press on ebay.

When Hot Topic put up the first run of YFW they didn't sell out right away. Neither did TDAG.

And all I'm pointing out is that you probably will be able to make a few bucks flipping some Mondo RSD releases, why so sore about the subject if there's nothing wrong in your mind with flipping?

Don't worry though, you and i will never be cool on this board. I don't like people who are completely full of shit.

Then quit making comments on every post I make in a thread that you're also participating in. Just avoid me all together man. Am I supposed to care that you think I'm "full of shit?" I don't. I happened to find a pretty rare find and you all gave me crap so it was that much easier for me to bank $80 on each record! I bought 4 at a total of $140 and ended up getting $320 which profited me $180 so there is me being open and honest with you. Are you cool with that?? Are you pissed that I found a gold mine and didn't leave it for the next person to find? I flipped the crap out of those records and I loved every second that someone on eBay bid on my items. The deman is there just like any copy of Deja Entendu, The Devil and God, and a lot more albums that sell for 5 times what they were originally bought for. If you're going to be the flipping police you got a lot of work cut out for you on these boards because 99% of all sale threads on here have marked up and overpriced albums. So let's go VC Batman and rid us all of the crime that is flipping.

When Hot Topic put up the first run of YFW they didn't sell out right away.

Yeah and that's when vinyl was moderately popular, which it is heading back towards being now. Which is perfect. Still lots of represses and limited variants but no bullshit. No presses of tens of colors for variant collectors. No insane flippers buying every copy. 

Hot Topic even included vinyl in their last sale. That's a big deal.

All good points, thanks for the clarification!

Does vintage charge right away or waits until they ship?

They took my Paypal funds right away for the Cake box set...never ordered through them before.  I know it's a first come, first served deal but does anyone know how Vintage is with refunds when you don't get what you ordered?  Are they good about issuing refunds?  

Yeah and that's when vinyl was moderately popular, which it is heading back towards being now. Which is perfect. Still lots of represses and limited variants but no bullshit. No presses of tens of colors for variant collectors. No insane flippers buying every copy. 

Hot Topic even included vinyl in their last sale. That's a big deal.

o rly....might have to take a look at their site again. i stopped even bothering to look once they took out all music from the sales.