Black Friday Record Store Day--November 2013

Listening to Magnified right now... Couldn't be happier!!

My local store, Schoolkids in Raleigh, also had a ton of new stuff half off since they're relocating in late December so I got Dick's picks 4, Songs: Ohia, Cinematic Orchestra and a bunch of other stuff for half off on top of my RSD stuff (Nirvana, QOTSA others)

$45?? Did my local store mark them incorrectly because mine was $36.

I picked up:

Core, QOTSA, and the Nirvana. Id say about 30+ people in line, and I was in about the middle.

I went to RPM and Spoonful here in Columbus, In Utero was $45 at both unfortunately. It sold out quickly at RPM. 

RPM was the only place that had the QOTSA while I was there, it sold out pretty quickly at Spoonful. 

my black friday RSD is finally complete

ordered from Vintage Vinyl:

-3 Wilco/Bragg LPs

-Nirvana In Utero 2013

-Linus and Lucy 7"

-Nick Cave Live LP

found local:

Flaming Lips Stone Roses LP

You're pretty lucky on that Flaming LIps/Stone Roses.  They got 2 copies in WI, according to Strictly Discs.

I just want The Replacements album, none of the records stores I called in Toronto got them yet though.

Another guy on this thread posted a link to his store, it's $25 there:

http://www.angryyoungandpoor.com/store/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=1058

And the code "ayp18" should give you a discount as well.

I just want The Replacements album, none of the records stores I called in Toronto got them yet though.

According to the RSD site, this is an indie store exclusive release for 2 months.  I don't know if there will be any difference in the pressing, but I'd be surprised if some variant of this wasn't very easy to get a hold of once that 2 month limit passes.

i haven't kept up with this thread very well... if anyone can help me find the following releases, whether it be online or in store, i'd be incredibly grateful:

the doors - curated by rsd

vince guaraldi trio 7"

jimi hendrix - foxey lady 7"

i think i saw hendrix on vintage vinyl so i'm not too concerned about that one yet. the other one i wanted to get as gifts but i've been out of commission for a bit... anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated, just shoot me a message. thanks!

i haven't kept up with this thread very well... if anyone can help me find the following releases, whether it be online or in store, i'd be incredibly grateful:

vince guaraldi trio 7"

i think i saw hendrix on vintage vinyl so i'm not too concerned about that one yet. the other one i wanted to get as gifts but i've been out of commission for a bit... anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated, just shoot me a message. thanks!

The Doors is already up on Discogs.  

vince guaraldi trio 7"

Link just above your post has the Doors and Hendrix. (Maybe VG although I didn't see...)

10% off Sale and RSD stuff are live now http://www.1234gorecords.com/catalog

Ya 1234 in Oakland has a Nirvana release up but I believe it is the previous release. Going to have to call for clarification on that one. Actually that was the only album I forgot to buy .... Im sure someone will have one online eventually though....

I was first in line at Amoeba in SF at 2am and got everything on my list except the flaming lips. They did not get that in or the stone roses. Insomnia paid off and I have plenty to listen to the next few days. Definitely seemed a much smaller turnout this year.....although I got to meet quite a few nice folk in line to pass the time waiting!