Black Friday Record Store Day--November 2013

I wasn't overly impressed with the 2013 mix on CD, but then again, I'm not a huge Nirvana fan. I've got the ORG pressing on yellow vinyl and that's enough for me. I did notice Amazon has it right now without too much markup ($60 from 3rd party sellers, but cheap shipping) so I suspect it won't be too tough to get. 

I'm 80% sure the In Utero sold by 1-2-3-4 was the previous 3XLP set, unless their picture and description were both wrong. (Then again, that's a great price for the set.) Anyway, I'd definitely confirm BEFORE they shipped.

Another guy on this thread posted a link to his store, it's $25 there:

http://www.angryyoungandpoor.com/store/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=1058

And the code "ayp18" should give you a discount as well.

Awesome! Thanks, I grabbed one for me and one for my friend that was also looking for it.

why question is for those who bought this 2013 mix of in utereo is how does it sound and what do you notice as difference

I just dont know if after listening to the original a million times if this is worth it and has ant noticeable differences

It's noticeably different, and the press sounds amazing.  I hate throwing that kind of money at an album, but listening to this mix of one of my favorite albums is totally worth it.

I got one of the /500 river runs red "blood red" variant that was exclusive to Looney Tunes. I threw it up on eBay because I'm a dirty flipper, but it's there if any of you want it, along with some other things I picked up for a friend who I think ultimately did not realize how much some of these releases cost, lol.

Bought a ton of stuff, some other new non-RSD LP's (scored one of the /150 Happy Body Slow Brain white/blue splatter with liquid filled cover!) got a bunch of really great used records too, even found TWO copies of one of my long-time holy grails... I'd say the day certainly accomplished what it set out to do for the store

Didn't see the lips/impala. Really like the Doors release, the sound is good.

Any comments on the sound quality of super ape or the Roy Orbison box? Had my doubts so I put them down. Also passed on in utero since i still haven't picked up the standard 45 set and I'd rather have that than a remix I'd play once.

anyone pick up a copy of STP - Core or know of any place that has leftovers for sale?

Anybody interested in a copy of Stone Temple Pilots - Core on CLEAR vinyl. I have 6 copies that'll be in stock early next week. I'm also willing to trade one for the Nirvana - In Utero 2013 mix on vinyl.

1 page back.