Black Friday Record Store Day--November 2013

I just updated our site- we sold out of some titles but still have a bunch in stock (Including the Ghost LP!!). I added quantities to the site so they can be ordered now if you missed out at your local shop.

http://www.angryyoungandpoor.com/store/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=1058

Thanks!  Scooped a copy of The Replacements. 

Went to RPM in Columbus when they opened at 7am this morning and was pleased to find no line, free donuts, and the two things I wanted.

I scored Pax Am Days and The Replacements. My buddy grabbed the Charles Bradley 7". The Flaming Lips/Tame Impala splits looked incredible, but not at ten bucks a song. Plenty of Failure copies available, which I was surprised by. Might pop in after work to see if there's still one there.

Went to RPM in Columbus when they opened at 7am this morning and was pleased to find no line, free donuts, and the two things I wanted.

I scored Pax Am Days and The Replacements. My buddy grabbed the Charles Bradley 7". The Flaming Lips/Tame Impala splits looked incredible, but not at ten bucks a song. Plenty of Failure copies available, which I was surprised by. Might pop in after work to see if there's still one there.

I was there this morning too.  A small line prior to 7am (I got there about 6:45), but not nearly as long as in April.

I just updated our site- we sold out of some titles but still have a bunch in stock (Including the Ghost LP!!). I added quantities to the site so they can be ordered now if you missed out at your local shop.

http://www.angryyoungandpoor.com/store/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=1058

Isn't sort of the rule that stuff goes on line the following day?

I went to Main Street Music in Philly and got:

Rockabye Baby Pearl Jam

Vitamin String Quartet Tribute to In Rainbows

Fall Out Boy - Pax Am

then I hit up The Vinyl Closet in Lansdale and got:

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue

I wanted to pick up the Linus and Lucy 7" but it was way too expensive ($10-13) when the full LP is only $17. Couldn't find the Flaming Lips/Tame Impala split but I heard it's $40 and that's just too much anyways.

Also got the sweet Baizley poster. It's decent stock for a free print.

I was also there. Vinyl Collective indeed. Experience was absolutely painless...except for In Utero being $45. ;)

haha, indeed.  yeah.  glad to have that In Utero, but $45 is painful.  It was pretty chill at Lost Weekend too.  I wish someone in town had the Baizley poster.  Sounds like Columbus shops didn't get any.  I had friends looking in St. Louis and Grand Rapids too, but there stores didn't get any either.

I was also there. Vinyl Collective indeed. Experience was absolutely painless...except for In Utero being $45. ;)

$45?? Did my local store mark them incorrectly because mine was $36.

I picked up:

Core, QOTSA, and the Nirvana. Id say about 30+ people in line, and I was in about the middle.

I saw In Utero for $38, so I guess it's just the store's preference.

It's not just "preference", these were available from different distributors. So those who went direct got lower wholesale prices. Those who didn't got higher so you can expect some honest price differences.

$45?? Did my local store mark them incorrectly because mine was $36.

Mine was $36, but Strictly Discs had it listed for $45, I think some places may have been gouging a little.

I got In Utero and QOTSA at my store, as well as the $6 Matador sampler because why not. In addition to my Strictly Discs haul of Peace Sword, Flaming Lips/Tame Impala, and the Lana Del Rey picture disc, not bad at all. Got everything I wanted this time!

Edit: Guess I was wrong about In Utero pricing, my bad.