Brand New - TDAGARIM repress in 11/4

futre

This whole impending doom/writing on the wall thing I think is spelling out they're going to break up, which sucks, but Jesse has said he doesn't want to be one of those bands that's doing this when they're 40. Personally I'd like to believe the RIP just means maybe they'll stop playing stuff from the first 2 albums or means they'll be going in a different direction, but who knows.

I saw somewhere, someone had a theory that they were going to write this album as if TDAGARIM and Daisy didn't exist, because had those demos not been leaked, they probably wouldn't. This one really does sound immediately post-Deja with some flairs of Daisy in the noisy guitars.

All I know is I hope more of the album sounds energetic like this, I need some new gym music badly.

That's a lot of speculation. Can't we all just enjoy the new track without looking for hidden messages about when they're going to break up?

Would make sense, put out the new/last album and do a final tour in 2018. In the meantime pump out represses, do expensive shows here and there over the next 2 years, go out with a bang and fat bank accounts.

It'd be sad, but I think if I get to see them one more time, I'd be okay with them breaking up. I love BN, but the band can't stay Brand New when they're in their 50s. It's not to say they would be bad, but things change in time. Maybe they just form under a new moniker and a style that less resembles their teenage years and twenties. Obviously they've grown and changed in the 13 years I've listened to them, but I don't want to see a 65 year old Jesse Lacey singing SevetyTimes7 or Jesus Christ. That's just me though.

That's a lot of speculation. Can't we all just enjoy the new track without looking for hidden messages about when they're going to break up?

You can do whatever floats your boat. :D I enjoy the new track tons! I've listened to it at least 15 times today. It's already stuck in my head, and been out for under a day.

Did they already take down the video and download from the site?!?! It was there just maybe 20 minutes ago when I was able to download. Went back just now to get the embed code for the video to post on the site and it's now gone. Just the front page w/ the live pic. 

still there for me.

I had that happen this morning when i first looked. it went to the old site. but then tried again and the new site showed up.

If you look in the top left picture, towards the bottom you will see a little print with spotlights shining upward. It says:"218114414523/ rip 2018/ 'Know God's Just Work'."

I don't know what that last bit is about, but those random numbers spell out B R A N D N E W when you translate them to correspond to their respective numerical position in the alphabet. B=2 R=18 A=1...

That's what I meant by a cryptic (literally) confirmation of the band breaking up in 2018 (rip 2018). Not to mention the song Mene actually says "I'll lay this beast to rest [...] there was something I was trying to say, but then I choked on it and it's getting kind of late...etc."

That's all I was saying when I was talking about their cryptic nature. I still <3 you Morrisey. U da best.

2018 is the year Jesse turns 40. Maybe he plans to pull the plug on the whole deal before it's too late to still be cool? IDK.