Secret Santa 2013 Edition (updated 9/26)

tumblr_mxk7jjA9gl1sfyxjso1_1280.jpg

Holy shit! Came home to a big box. Boxes within boxes, man. Everything is wrapped with Justin Bieber wrapping paper. I counted 10 wrapped gifts. I totally wanna rip them all open at once, but I'm trying to hold off a little bit.

THANK YOU SO MUCH, SECRET SANTA. You rule! Been feeling super down lately and this definitely made my month! Will update with what's inside once everything's unwrapped. Guessing by the handwriting and wrapping paper I'm pretty sure my ss is a girl. Since only a few of us participated and the area code says it came from Brooklyn, I think it's safe to say mine is themeconspiracy?

Thanks so much, lady!

haha yep! totally found me out.

i think you should totally just rip everything open and go nuts (mostly because i'm stoked to have you open and enjoy it all), but i've also been trying to see how long i can hold off on opening mine, so i totally get it.

personally, i think the best part might be the meow mix and that requires no opening at all, so you could just enjoy listening to that and staring at a pile o' biebers until you open the rest lol.

Loving that wrapping paper. A few years ago, I wrapped all of my Christmas gifts in Hannah Montana wrapping paper, and my family was very confused.

yes! it was at the dollar store and i couldn't resist getting it. a dollar a tube and instantly takes wrapping every gift this year from eh to awesome.

i also have a 10 year old niece who oddly gets super upset if you accuse her of being a bieber fan, so i can't wait to wrap all of her xmas gifts in his face. 

First - sorry to my awesome Santa, Scott Heisel. I apologize for posting with such a delay. To say life has been busy would be an understatement. This package was great. 

Let's start with an overview:

11317928454_28e3123749.jpg

So much to list. 
A Ralphie Doll that my kid keeps asking to open - now that the photo is posted I'm going to leave it next to his bed as a surprise. I'll tell him that it's from you Scott. 
- A mystery 7", The Menzingers/Souls split (planned to order it), a Heks Orkerest 7", Vultures United
- Stickers - I think Scott has a poop fetish...or he thinks I do. I do love a good poop joke.
- LPs: A Wilhelm Scream (cool), The Back Up Plan (I'll give it a listen soon), Luther, and Horace Pinker (Thank God the dream of the 90s Pop Punker is still alive)

Then there were a bunch of NickelBack postcards advertising Best of Volume 3...no, there is no hope for this world:

11317837705_31c958b3e9.jpg

Snicket Fat Kat was not too excited, he has excellent taste. 

Then there was a mix cd with lot's of stuff I'm happy to give a listen:

11317970203_f49c0df2f9.jpg

He put Diamond Youth at #1 - overrated. He also included a Jimmy Eat World song - he must have missed the dozen times I've told the story about how a girl I loved dumped me for their lame lead singer back in the 90's. (Thank God the nightmares of the 90s still fade - plus the sweet revenge that comes when she got dumped and wanted to get back together to which I gave a stone cold no)
Seriously though, the effort is appreciated.

Then there was this awesomeness:

11317839075_5a436c784f.jpg

11317832545_b309fbb86c.jpg

11317884736_6a416136e3.jpg

My wife was like, "Why do you do Secret Santa with strangers?" as I opened the neat mystery 7". Then I showed her the note and explained all the cool stuff in the box and she had to agree that the folks from VC know me musically as well as anyone. 

Seriously, this package was so good that I feel like a terrible Santa. Thanks Scott. 

So glad you dug everything, Dave! I didn't know if you were familiar with the Backup Plan, they were a Long Island band akin to Lifetime/Kid Dynamite. They only ever put out that one record back in 2003 or so, and it is soooo good! I think you'll dig. And I tried to find the actual Neil Diamond Christmas album on vinyl but there is only one pressing and it is from Holland or something and every copy I found online cost $50+. So I went with the 7-inch instead.

You were just one degree away from him this year

He had you? 

(And dude! My wife and I love the Rhye record. And everyone in our house laughs at the Lee Greenwood record cause its displayed for Christmas. Mwahaha. One of our community members feels like Lee is watching her walk by every time.)

He had you?

(And dude! My wife and I love the Rhye record. And everyone in our house laughs at the Lee Greenwood record cause its displayed for Christmas. Mwahaha. One of our community members feels like Lee is watching her walk by every time.)

Yup he was my Santa. And I'm glad you like it! I thought you would. And that Lee Greenwood record is soooo creepy looking. That's why I chose it.

I got my package today!

I didn't have time to unwrap things because it arrived 10 minutes before I had to leave for work, but just from what I did see, whoever my secret santa is, you're insane and I love you! :D

20131211104721.jpg

What the hell??  Gingerbread Twix and Peppermint Hersheys??  Where they hell did you find that stuff?  I've never seen it before.

Mine arrived today. I think. The person's name is on it. And I recognize it from here. Soooooo...not gonna out them yet though. I'll open the box, which is pretty heavy (Did they send me a Xmas ham?!?! Or a human head?!?!), on Xmas eve, which as of right now we're not doing much of any gifting this year due to all that has been going down medically and financially with the family this year. Not to mention my brother having back surgery two weeks ago and I myself having surgery as well this past Monday. 

So, to my SS, be patient and don't hate me if your gift gets to you a little late. Hopefully you can understand. 

ok so ive been real busy the past couple weeks with and moving and settling in. been busy with other things as well..

BUT I have received my package. Its at parents house waiting. I had my parents address on there, because I didnt know how long I was gonna be at my previous address.

So SS its here!! sorry for my lack of communication. i will open and take photos soon!

Mine arrived today. I think. The person's name is on it. And I recognize it from here. Soooooo...not gonna out them yet though. I'll open the box, which is pretty heavy (Did they send me a Xmas ham?!?! Or a human head?!?!), on Xmas eve, which as of right now we're not doing much of any gifting this year due to all that has been going down medically and financially with the family this year. Not to mention my brother having back surgery two weeks ago and I myself having surgery as well this past Monday. 

So, to my SS, be patient and don't hate me if your gift gets to you a little late. Hopefully you can understand.

Man, hope you guys will be doing better!