FS: Brand New - Deja Entendu, TDAGARIM

The Saint

In serious need of cash, so I'm taking offers on my copy of Brand New - Deja Entendu. It's the first press with the barcode on the back of the gatefold. PM with offers. Please don't ask, "how much?" Your message will be ignored.

Also, taking offers on my copy of The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me. It's the black/200 variant of the Academy Fight Song Pressing. I know the reissue is coming on black, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

Thanks.

If you are in "serious need of cash" then just say what you want for them.

Or ebay deja for $250 BIN and it'll sell immediately, or wait a week for an auction it and it'll sell for $300+.  If you are actually in serious need of cash, that will work way better.

here we go

I will never understand why people get upset about this, especially for an album like this. Can you honestly say you'd be willing to respond to 50+ PMs of people asking the same question when you know 90% of them probably little to no interest in actually buying the thing?

I will never understand why people get upset about this, especially for an album like this. Can you honestly say you'd be willing to respond to 50+ PMs of people asking the same question when you know 90% of them probably little to no interest in actually buying the thing?

No - he expects that the seller already has a number in mind. How is a buyer supposed ot know what a "lowball" is if the seller gives no indication of his desired price?  He's obviously not looking to hook somebody up, since he is in dire need of cash and selling one of the most sought after records on this site.

Either put up a price, or put it on ebay. There are easier ways than saying "Send me your offers" No one is going to offer $500. Asking for offers is going to yield you just as many $100 offer PMs as "How much are you looking for?" PMs. He's not going to sell it for $100. So just say you want $250 or $300 or whatever the number is.

No - he expects that the seller already has a number in mind. How is a buyer supposed ot know what a "lowball" is if the seller gives no indication of his desired price?  He's obviously not looking to hook somebody up, since he is in dire need of cash and selling one of the most sought after records on this site.

Either put up a price, or put it on ebay. There are easier ways than saying "Send me your offers" No one is going to offer $500. Asking for offers is going to yield you just as many $100 offer PMs as "How much are you looking for?" PMs. He's not going to sell it for $100. So just say you want $250 or $300 or whatever the number is.

great statement

There is so much inference in everything you said it's not even funny.

Nowhere did he mention not wanting lowballs. In fact, I lowballed the crap out of him and got a really sincere honest reply which I appreciated. When people need cash they tend to sell stuff for a lot less than they could if they waiting a little longer and looked for the right buyer, that's why pawn shops exist. He may not be looking to "hook somebody up" but he may be looking for an offer that will cover whatever he needs the cash for but may not be what the same amount a 7 day ebay auction would bring.

There is so much inference in everything you said it's not even funny.

Nowhere did he mention not wanting lowballs. In fact, I lowballed the crap out of him and got a really sincere honest reply which I appreciated. When people need cash they tend to sell stuff for a lot less than they could if they waiting a little longer and looked for the right buyer, that's why pawn shops exist. He may not be looking to "hook somebody up" but he may be looking for an offer that will cover whatever he needs the cash for but may not be what the same amount a 7 day ebay auction would bring.

great statement as well

I don't think you know what inference means.. but anyway...

I have no problem with people asking for offers. And that's great that he was kind to you when you lowballed him. But that's not the issue I'm addressing, you must realize that?

Refusing to answer "How much are you looking for?" PMs is my issue... If he knew enough to know that your offer was a lowball, then he knows enough of a range of what he is looking for. So take the least you'd want, add $50 to it and put that price up.  You'll make a sale a lot faster with people offering $50 less than your asking price than you will with people blindly guessing with absolutely no guidelines...

EDIT: It really doesn't matter, and I hope you're not mad, because I am not. People can sell their personal property any way they would like, and there's nothing you or I can say about it to change that. I was just offering my two cents.

EDIT: It really doesn't matter, and I hope you're not mad, because I am not. People can sell their personal property any way they would like, and there's nothing you or I can say about it to change that. I was just offering my two cents.

Not the least bit mad, we definitely have differing views on this and I'm totally cool with that.

My opinion is that yes, I need cash. As a college student, I'd like to sell these records to get some spending money in my pocket. I'm running low with no job this semester. However, I seriously love these records. They're tough to let go of for me. I really don't know what price I want and every offer so far is going into serious consideration. I knew I'd receive some comments from the "how much?" sentence. I debated putting it in when I first made the post. 

I just don't understand why you wouldn't put them up on eBay if you needed the most money possible for them. 

Cause I'd like the money ASAP. I'm going into the city this weekend. With eBay it takes the whole bidding time then shipping and then the time it takes for the funds to clear then it transfers to my bank account. It's a lot of waiting for the funds.

So why not write your highest offer in your first post and say if I don't get a higher offer by x Day I'm selling it?

Just trying to help save you time! If I pm'd you right now and offered $150 I have no idea if I'd be the higherst bid or the lowest bid. If time is of the essence make it easier on yourself and potential buyers!

Preach. People asking for "offers" just sounds like you want the most money out of a hard to find record. If that's true, just say it or go to ebay.