Upcoming Hot Topic Releases

Travis you may want to fix that Emarosa listing......

Yea I emailed them to fix that this morning

still don't see Anatomy Of A Ghost

They shipped it HT late so its a little behind the rest of the stuff that was going up today. Hopfully will be up within the next couple days

Probably, but I rather buy the album through HT than Victory. Even tho in the end it still feeds the beast. I have a press of FC anyways so I'm good.

Yeah, I just got the mint green Full Collapse and yellow Where You Want to Be HT exclusives a few months ago and now these new ones go up. Victory does so many unnecessary represses 

Yeah, I just got the mint green Full Collapse and yellow Where You Want to Be HT exclusives a few months ago and now these new ones go up. Victory does so many unnecessary represses 

I hate that so many bands I love got fucked over by Victory so I have to stop myself from buying so many amazing albums cause I kinda refuse to support such a shitty label. But I unfortunately caved and bought Full Collapse and Tell All Your Friends last month.

How is it unnecessary to press more records that people want to buy?

No one is forced to buy every color pressed of an album.

How is it unnecessary to press more records that people want to buy?

No one is forced to buy every color pressed of an album.

I think he's talking about how shady Victory is and how they love to take advantage of bands and frivolously make pressings of albums for no apparent reason but to make a profit.... But maybe I just read it that way and am expressing my own opinions.

I think he's talking about how shady Victory is and how they love to take advantage of bands and frivolously make pressings of albums for no apparent reason but to make a profit.... But maybe I just read it that way and am expressing my own opinion

I think they repress albums a lot for no reason, like you said. But I can't say I really hold anything else against them

I think he's talking about how shady Victory is and how they love to take advantage of bands and frivolously make pressings of albums for no apparent reason but to make a profit.... But maybe I just read it that way and am expressing my own opinions.

Ummm.  They're making vinyl because there's a demand for it.  How is it shady for a record company to want to collect money on a product that people want?

Ummm.  They're making vinyl because there's a demand for it.  How is it shady for a record company to want to collect money on a product that people want?

Do you know anything about Victory and their relationships with bands like Thursday, TBS, Streetlight Manifesto, Hawthorne Heights etc... There are multiple lawsuits against Victory from these bands and more because of shady dealings, breach of contract, not paying royalties that are due and tons more. So in turn you are just supporting a shady record label and not the band themselves.... I get what you're saying. But Full Collapse did not need a repress if they are selling it for $13 on their webstore and there was just a repress on HT a couple months ago.

That's how they are shady....

Do you know anything about Victory and their relationships with bands like Thursday, TBS, Streetlight Manifesto, Hawthorne Heights etc... There are multiple lawsuits against Victory from these bands and more because of shady dealings, breach of contract, not paying royalties that are due and tons more. So in turn you are just supporting a shady record label and not the band themselves.... I get what you're saying. But Full Collapse did not need a repress if they are selling it for $13 on their webstore and there was just a repress on HT a couple months ago.

Mmmmmmmmmm kay.  That turned into much more than what my point was.  What I read was someone complaining that a label was pressing more of a title that people are apparently buying up.  To answer your question, no.  I know very little about Victory records.  But I know enough about record labels to know that they will take action and do whatever they think will make them a profit.  That's the name of the game.  :)

I find it funny how many lawsuits they've had and how many bands have left the label

But at least they still have Emmure! And who doesn't love Emmure, right?!

Still....if there is a demand for a record and a label owns the rights to press that record, why would they not press more copies? Record labels are a business, they exist to release music and make money doing that. If they stop making money, they stop releasing music.

Just because its available in the labels webstore doesnt mean there isnt still a demand at retail stores (physical and online) for the record. Who cares if it was repressed recently?

Still....if there is a demand for a record and a label owns the rights to press that record, why would they not press more copies? Record labels are a business, they exist to release music and make money doing that. If they stop making money, they stop releasing music.

Just because its available in the labels webstore doesnt mean there isnt still a demand at retail stores (physical and online) for the record. Who cares if it was repressed recently?

Hear, hear!

Any chance everything ever is getting a repress? We are all anxiously awaiting a repress of everything.

I can't wait to get a repress of that album that only me and 50 other people care about, c'mon Hot Topic make it happen.

Then I'll bitch about the price.